Honda Grom banner

2701 - 2720 of 2754 Posts

·
Registered
859 Posts
The other problem is with FB groups is that nothing is archived, there's going to be so much information lost.
I participate on both. Facebook is fine for banter and humor that quickly disappears. When I want useful information, I search this forum. :)

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
The other problem is with FB groups is that nothing is archived, there's going to be so much information lost.

But, there is a SEARCH Box............ which does help look up past posts for a specific subject or topic.

·
Registered
790 Posts

But, there is a SEARCH Box............ which does help look up past posts for a specific subject or topic.

Why would people use the search function on Facebook when they never used it on forums? :laughing6:

Forums, back in their prime, had duplicate posts once a week or once a month. Facebook groups have duplicate posts daily! It's maddening.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Why would people use the search function on Facebook when they never used it on forums? :laughing6:

Forums, back in their prime, had duplicate posts once a week or once a month. Facebook groups have duplicate posts daily! It's maddening.

LOL.... What......... No. :)

#1 What gas do you all use ?
#2 What Oil do you use ?
#3 What tires do you run ?
#4 What exhaust should i get ?
#5 What Bars should I get ?

Eat, rinse, repeat.

·
Registered
674 Posts
The less time I spend on that godforsaken website (FB), the better.

·
Registered
829 Posts

LOL.... What......... No. :)

#1 What gas do you all use ?
#2 What Oil do you use ?
#3 What tires do you run ?
#4 What exhaust should i get ?
#5 What Bars should I get ?

Eat, rinse, repeat.

You forgot....

Blinker Fluid? Synthetic only
Tire pressure? Max tire preassure using only Breath air
Why does my chain make a crunch sound? cuzzz iz tyte

Oh and my favorite,,, Is HR a reputable place to order from? No they dont know shit...

Fucking laugh headach everytime!

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
You forgot....
Oh and my favorite,,, Is HR a reputable place to order from? No they dont know shit...

LOL... exactly.

It's not like Our Youtube Product/Bike/Install Tutorial Videos only have 2.7 million views.

·
Registered
790 Posts
You forgot....

Blinker Fluid? Synthetic only
Tire pressure? Max tire preassure using only Breath air
Why does my chain make a crunch sound? cuzzz iz tyte

My "favorites" are:

1. What mod should I get first? (Uh, I don't know. Maybe you choose because it's your bike?)

2. Why does my Grom only go 55 MPH and how do I get it to go faster? (Uhh... Why the F did you buy a Grom? Did you do even 30 seconds of research before you bought it?) And there's always some lying idiot that says they can cruise at 75MPH or the clueless one that thinks downhill speeds count as top speeds. Face meet palm!

Facebook is a good indication that society is effed.

·
Registered
829 Posts
.It's not like Our Youtube Product/Bike/Install Tutorial Videos only have 2.7 million views. .
Knowledge is Power,,, No Doubt people appreciate what you guys do for us.

PS! Please work on giving X-mas Discount Sale for FULL aRacer Set-up,,, I'm Ready to pull the trigger.

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
took a part the red/white grom top end to do a porting of the intake port, port and polish the exhaust port, port match the I/D of the intake tube to the intake port and port match the exhaust I/D pipe to the exhaust port. Port and polish the inlet pipe and port and polish the Koso 34mm throttle body and polish the butterfly valve. Installing new Takegawa piston/rings and and re-adjusting the GromFatherZ adjustable cam chain tensioner unit and maybe change the Front and rear sprocket back to 16/32 from 16/34.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Knowledge is Power,,, No Doubt people appreciate what you guys do for us. ..

​Could not agree with you more.......... Knowledge is power. 100%.

......... PS! Please work on giving X-mas Discount Sale for FULL aRacer Set-up,,, I'm Ready to pull the trigger.
Why Wait til X-mas....... do it now. We can get you taken care of.

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hey whats good guys, thought Id throw in some pictures of my grom COMPLETE rebuild... haha this is where my username originated. Cant get spark! one day she shall run. 59381588672__40358FB2-4611-4ECC-8F97-A3E8E5117EBB.JPG Performing a complete rewire, eliminated the stock ecu with a generic chinese cdi for assorted 125cc pitbike, this is gonna be basically a pitbike with lights! When I get it together and timed spark I'll be posting a simplified wiring schematic of the grom

·
Registered
8,255 Posts
Finished installing my re-built Takegawa 181-4v ported head/inlet tube and new Takegawa 4v piston and the Red/Wht Grom seems to be running great, next step is to break in the engine and keeping it under 5-6K RPM until my first 300-500 miles.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Getting her prepped for minigp test and tune tonight. Changed the front sprocket for a 13t, hopefully the 37t rear shows up today. Added the XR70 number plate and put on my custom number decal kit that i got. Also changed the oil and lubed the chain. Now im just waiting on my high mount exhaust to show up and I'll be done with it for a while, till I start messing with the suspension.

25.jpg

·
Registered
53 Posts
well my new exhaust was delivered an hour before I was suppose to leave for the track. I swapped it out as fast as i could and headed up to the track for some test and tune shenanigans.

11.jpg

2701 - 2720 of 2754 Posts