Honda Grom banner

2681 - 2700 of 2757 Posts

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
Added the Kitaco HD Starter thanks to HardRacing's 20% off deal. It was a 5 minute install. My 186 starts right up now.

Nice.
That's what we like to hear. ;-)

·
Registered
17 Posts
My first major upgrades after a lot of little things (bars, mirrors, sliders, etc).

Kitaco clutch cover, stiffer springs billet plate high-flow oil pump, a new exhaust (Yoshimura RS-9T) and a PCV.

Whew... what a day! That all took about 6hrs and I'm lucky Home Depot is open 'til 10pm as I needed a deep 21mm socket I didn't have.

I'm new at this and it all went reasonably well, I'd for sure be lost without Hard Racing's videos (So that's where I'm buying all my gear).

Today I also received a Dinger Built mid length intake and a Wideband 2 -- the install of the wideband is a bit daunting so I'm going to come back to that later. Intake I'll probably get to tomorrow, I hope it should be OK using one of the existing PCV maps.

·
Registered
176 Posts
Valve adjustment, swapped out the stock clutch plate for the Chimera version, and oil change!

·
Registered
859 Posts
I mounted my crate to clear the rear seat cowl. :)

GOPR0159.jpg

The crate and rack come off and go on with 4 convenient bolts in about a minute.
They really make a Grom useful and comfortable when you can carry cargo without a backpack.

·
Registered
95 Posts
Completed a Bun Burner 1500 today. Grom ODO indicates 1506mi elapsed, but the original route was 1509 (per google maps), plus there were a couple slightly longer detours due to road closures. I need to figure the exact mileage, but time to complete was 34h 13m (I think).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
They're nice but I can't used them because they make the bike too wide for lane splitting stopped traffic. I like my Grom to be as narrow as possible.
You get lane splitters like i have, they fold in and snap back out to position with the flick of the wrist

See orange and blue bikes

·
Registered
181 Posts
All 3 ladies are full LEDs, bar end mirrors and have alarms installed!

And the OG got some RGB lighting!

Hey Demon-Hemi, what alarm did you go with, or preference? TiA

·
Registered
2 Posts
So new Grom owner, have installed hindle exhaust eliminated rear fender, put on integrated taillight, pro taper bars with bar end mirrors and flush mount front blinkers. Installed my chimera intake and as many of you know the support bar leaves a lot of flex in the fairings. I found this to drive me nuts. Wanted to show everyone what I did with a hole saw and about 30 mins of work. I can now use the old air box with my new intake for full gains and no fair wiggle!!

Attachments

·
Vendor
3,992 Posts
The forum is dying - almost dead except for a small group of regulars. Plus, in the north the cold weather is rolling around so the bikes are going in garages and storage.

Agreed.

Unfortunately, it's not just this forum. Almost all forums have slowly been losing a lot of their members to other markets... primarily FB Groups.
Example: "Honda Grom Riders" FB Group has 28,000 + members ......... and grows about 100 + Members a day.
That's Not a plug for our group... just stating the facts.

Everything is cyclical.

·
Registered
828 Posts

Agreed.

Unfortunately, it's not just this forum. Almost all forums have slowly been losing a lot of their members to other markets... primarily FB Groups
Which Sucks cause some of the groups are full of,,, lol

Judgment AND Regret...

Not at all helpful most of the time, Like dis forum life here you can get help.

2681 - 2700 of 2757 Posts