Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
148 Posts
New plastics... Hated the Orange... Love the White!

Thanks to @Wicked_VFR for the list with all the plastics part numbers. Made ordering everything off Partzilla a breeze!

This morning...

This afternoon...

Loving the Grom so far!

Much more stuff coming....

·
Registered
148 Posts
New mirrors... We'll see how they work on my afternoon ride to work, but at first glance, they have much more visibility than the stock ones, and don't move nearly as easy, so hopefully they will stay put. Only $22 on Amazon... So no big loss if they don't work out.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Dude, are those on wrong? It looks like you need to swap them, then spin the mirror 180 degrees on the angled post. They look kind of tall. If what I am saying is possible they will probably not be as tall and they will be slightly wider, which is not a bad thing.

I use genuine Honda CB1000 mirrors. They have a similar shape to those. I’m not beating up on your mirrors, I’ve seen those before on Amazon, but I think those have a similar shape to mine when installed like I’m describing.

I think I remember reading a review on Amazon where someone received a set that were assembled incorrectly. I’m not sure if flipping them like I described above is possible or if yours are supposed to be that way. Let us know.
Good info. They are taller than I expected,so I’m gonna give your idea a try. Ican say I had way better visibility today on my way to work, though...

I‘m gonna order a few different sets and try them all..

·
Registered
148 Posts
Well the Chimera intake went by the wayside. Didn’t like it all the way around. Too noisy for my taste and really actually felt like it made my bike a tad slower.

Ordered a DHM Airbox mod kit. Pretty straight forward install. Was worried about making the holes too big by accident, but honestly it was super easy and the new tubes fit super tight.

It could be phycological, but with the airbox mod and a ECU reset, the bike seems quicker and better low end than with the Chimera Intake.

Auto part Bumper Automotive exterior Suspension Suspension part

Hopefully my exhaust be back from the welder tomorrow with a new O2 bung on it.

When I get it back, TB Cam will go in, exhaust will go on, and Aracer will be hooked up.

Arriving tomorrow is Koso temp gauge, Kitaco Oil Cooler, Kitaco Oil Catch Can, Racing Bros Fork Kit and Racing Bros Shock, and Monkey rear sets, which look much cleaner and eliminates the unneeded rear pegs.

All of that will go on over the next week or two...

Then it’s a waiting game to get a DHM head and do the BBK install. Hoping DHM has them available before winter comes.

·
Registered
148 Posts
If you keep cranking the set screw down it starts to lift the DHM adapter up
I barely, and I mean barely snugged it up. The DHM adapter fit so snug I kinda wondered what the actual need for it was. I had to press the adapter on there to get it flush and it was on there good. I know because after I brought the tube on to it the first time I realized I needed to rotate it a bit for it to line up with the tube internals correctly. It was on there good, not going anywhere.

I don’t plan on this setup lasting long. As soon as DHM has heads back in stock, I’m going Takegawa 143, with DHM head and Koso TB and intake manifold... So this will hopefully only be ridden for a few months. I will have my Aracer up and running in the next few days and a Koso Mini 3, so if there is any leaks, I’m sure I’ll know.

·
Registered
148 Posts
Finally got the MGP Growler Exhaust on. Took a few days to get it back from the welder getting to O2 bung put on.

This exhaust actually fits, with plenty of clearance. No plastics melting with this one. Glad I found it, as I like the high mount look.

It sounds great.

Aracer will be installed tomorrow hopefully, if it takes longer than I hope for it will be for sure done on Wednesday...

Than after a day or two of messing with that, the TB Cam will go in, most likely, but I am having second thoughts on that cam... The Kitaco Type 2 or Yoshi ST-M2 has really been on my mind

·
Registered
148 Posts
New footpegs.

This didn't quite turn out like I had hoped.

I saw a post about Monkey Rear Sets fitting the Grom. While the bolt holes certainly line up, they do not fit. You would have to add shims and do some serious tweaking to you break/shift lever. I was super bummed, would have loved the all black look. May look into getting the stock rearsets coated/anodized or what ever...

·
Registered
148 Posts
I think that is all you need.
Hmm... I want to believe that’s it, but I ran out of threads in the swing are bolt before it was tight as well... There would need to be some serious shims/washers to make it work, I put them on the calipers and while the bolts certainly lined up, they were not the same thicknesse/depth as the stocks...

Now I wonder.. Should I order the break pedal, and try again, or just send them back and powder coat the stock rearsets...

·
Registered
148 Posts
what did you do to make the axel bolt not stick out? Did you add washers? When I tightened it, I ran out of threads and there was a good 1/4-1/2 inch of bolt stick out past the flush part of the rearset.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts