Honda Grom banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Installed Seat Concepts foam and cover today. Wish I could go out and ride it.

Very interested in hearing some feedback on this mod, please keep us updated.

Reactions: blue72beetle

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Motorcycle racer Superbike racing Vehicle Motorcycle Grand prix motorcycle racing

Not me, but too cool not to share!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
I would be interested to know if the screen helped or hurt top speed.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
I used those same mirrors for a short while, they can be mounted horizontal. It is a personal taste type of thing, I don't like the way you have them mounted but it is not my bike. Grandma told me if I can't say anything nice don't say anything at all. I never assumed you didn't realize they could be adjusted. I think you will like them, they offered great visibility, just a little too much wind drag for me.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Looks really good, much better with your handlebars than it did with my drag bars.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Looks like fun!

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
The Monkey brake pedal is different, you need to use the Monkey brake pedal with the Monkey rearset. I think that is all you need.

Reactions: w.adventures

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Ok... so how do Monkey rear sets fit on a Grom?

View attachment 78378

View attachment 78372

View attachment 78374

View attachment 78376

The right Monkey rear set fits perfectly. The Monkey pedal fits perfectly. The brake actuator and brake light switch work perfectly...

...and the Monkey rear sets will knock off 2 pounds of dead weight.

So far I've reduced the weight of my Grom by 13 pounds from stock 229 with simple bolt on mods. So now the curb weight is 216 pounds. :)

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Read more in the Tooters Grom thread, page 3 and 4.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
You would have to ask @tooter maybe the Monkey pedal is wider and acts like a spacer? Or maybe you need a shorter bolt from a Monkey?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
I would say no need to pull the cover again at only 200 more miles, the screen will be nearly spotless at even 1000 more miles. All you seen was from the initial break in, which is why a good first service is so important.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Agreed, I'd go as far as to say it will be nearly spotless at even 10000 miles more, that is if everything inside the engine is ok of course.
As for the ''real filter'', there is nothing wrong with the centrifugal filter, some might find it more convenient but that's it really (appart from the supposed added performance). There's no proof the paper filter will do a better job, if anything I wouldn't be surprised if the centrifugal filter performed better.
I agree the centrifugal filter works fine, I was amazed at the crud in it at my 500 mile oil change. However, I do not think it would catch the rubber pieces from the cam chain tensioner if you had one of those start to fail. I would highly recommend the kitaco or takegawa cover to someone interested in a little extra insurance. It was the very first part I ordered for my Grom because I anticipated high mileage in my future.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Bike looks great. Time to buy a pretty, light, rear sprocket. Lol

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
It wasn't today, but I upgraded to an antigravity battery. Much lighter than stock and the motor spins over much faster, even with the Hi-comp piston. When I rode it after the install I noticed the Grom seemed slower than normal. I pulled up the Aracer app to check a few things and realized the Aracer reverts back to the stock base map when it loses power. Luckily, with my larger injector my map pulls fuel everywhere so the bike was just running really rich. If you are adding additional fuel and your battery dies or gets disconnected, your Grom could run dangerously lean. My map was still in the app, just had to be flashed to the ecu again. I just wanted to share as a heads up to others.

Reactions: grommyk and Tonitxu

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Wow, how did it do? Looks like a little too deep for it.

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
Ecoregion Map World Line Slope

@Hairless and I racked up 440 miles on our Groms today. Very scenic loop, great weather, and great food. 14 hours roundtrip, including lunches, gas stops, and window shopping.

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Plant Vehicle

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
I want to know what seat did you use cause I’m dying to find a better seat to ride long rides. 14hrs round trip sounds like a amazing ride.
I am currently using a cheap flat seat off of amazon, @Hairless is still on the stock seat. We both agree the stock seat is more comfortable than mine, but at least mine is flat. He used an airhawk seat pad for this trip. I have a seat concepts flat seat kit ordered.

Reactions: Mr.109sp

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,504 Posts
1 - 18 of 18 Posts