Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Having coffee and breakfast, looking to order accessories online then I'm going to ride all day if the wife has no honey do's that need attention.

Forcast is 63 and partly cloudy but NO RAIN !!

Ordered a magnetic drain plug and Koso carbon TT mirrors (thanks to the forum). Diggin' the look of the Speed and Strength True Grit Vest but want to find a local shop for fitment, still shopping for wheel stand service set.

:hondalogo:

* Just clocked 200 miles on the new grommie :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Bought a new bucket for my head and an Icon Hypersport vest.

Proceeded to ride till my hands started to freeze, only 52 today and no sun :-(

Land vehicle Vehicle Automotive tire Motorcycle Rim

·
Registered
198 Posts
Trifecta of deliveries arrived today :)

Venom wheel stands

Automotive tire Tire Vehicle Wheel Rim

Koso TT carbon mirrors

Vehicle Auto part Exhaust system Rim Motorcycle accessories

and the right side case gasket/centrifugal oil gasket :cool2:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Just passed 300 miles so did a drain and fill, added the magnetic drain plug from Gold Plug.

Oh yeah and some fresh merch in the mail :

Auto part Vehicle Honda Technology Motorcycle accessories

·
Registered
198 Posts
First mystery noise coming from the new bike after 550 miles. Started hearing clacking noise from the drive train during deceleration. Thought it was chain tension but it was fine when I put it up on the stand. Noise only occurred with forward motion during freewheel spin, isolated it to the output shaft area. Took off drive sprocket cover and put my finger on shaft while hand spinning the rear wheel. Could hear and feel the clunk/clack about every 360 of the drive sprocket, feared the worst but after removing the drive sprocket keeper and moving the sprocket around on the splines the noise stopped. Turned out the lubrication/grease had all dissipated from the splines. Cleaned, lubed and reassembled, life is good again.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Second oil change at 600, the magnetic Gold Plug dragged a string of smegma out of the case, doing what it's supposed to do!

Going to do the case off spinner clean out at 900 miles.

Ordered a gold mirrored visor for my bucket so I can look like the moon man Neil Armstrong.

Rode most of today and spotted another black/gray Grom two towns away, only the 2nd Grom sighting since riding this month.

Enjoying the remains of the day under the maple tree shade, posting from the laptop, having some wine and listening to the Red Sox ball game.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Finlay got around to the 'free' air box mod. Did the changes incrementally just to see if I could tell the difference. First removed the screen off the back of air filter, test ride for a day. Then took out the internal snorkel and rode this morning. IDK if it's any quicker and it's defiantly not faster lol, but the placebo effect makes it 'feel' like it had more low/mid grunt.

I'm leaving the external snorkel in place as it's already larger than the intake hose and my bike is still bone stock, so I don't see the point unless I do an exhaust pipe.

I'm ready for a new seat, probably next on the list.

·
Registered
198 Posts
Gold face shield arrived for the HJC Helmet, ordered another one in blue mirror because....why not.

Going to try the K&N filter for the factory air box, when it comes times to replace the paper filter I'll have it on hand.

Just crossed over the 1,000 mile mark in a month of ownership :)

·
Registered
198 Posts
Lots of seat time since the factory air box K&N filter change (HA-1313), no perceptible difference, though I'm sure it flows better than the paper cartridge. I like the factory exhaust and overall think they got the bike right from the factory. Just wanting a little more torque / grunt when in 4th. Flat and level in an upright position 55 all day long which is fine for my style and use, however, going to try a 35 tooth rear sprocket, changing the chain to an RK gold anyway so figured why not.

Hitting 8,000 rpm downhill in 4th at top of 63mph in a tuck, can't see how an extra few hundred RPM would hurt and could use a little grunt down low. :blackgrom:

·
Registered
198 Posts
Changed the rear sprocket to the JT 35tooth (steel) and replaced the stock chain with RK 420 Gold.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Tire Wheel Auto part

Gear ratio change makes 4th gear more usable and fun in my opinion (I'm happy doing 55-60 top end).

Now it's easier to reach 8k and I can hear and feel the RPM increase in all the other gears. Makes the ride more fun :)

There is a 30mph radar speed sign in town and it said I was doing 30mph with an indicated 31mph (sounds about right).

Other than a seat change and maybe suspension I'm done with upgrades.

Ride on little Grom, ride on! :blackgrom: :hondalogo:

* oh yeah, still want to strip and polish the wheels. (winter project :)

·
Registered
198 Posts

·
Registered
198 Posts
Genius. Wire it backwards, yes!

Wile E. Coyote, super genius.

$28, I'm in.

Changed my oil (again) today, lubed and adjusted the chain, installed the Brocks velocity stack on the intake snorkel. The instruction sheet for the velocity stack outlines the "free" air box mod (which I had already done) and I suspect that is where most of the gains are had. Anyway, the mid range "feels" a little better and the top end is about the same after the velocity cone was installed. It's another one of those attempts for small gains, they can't hurt and when totaled together add up. Would need a dyno for concrete results, I'll just ride seat of the pants for now ;-)

1 - 20 of 27 Posts