Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 2735 Posts

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just thought I'd start this as I've seen it on a couple of other forums and seems to be a popular/good idea.
If I've been a bit stupid and there is already a thread like this, feel free to delete.

Anyway, here goes, I'll start the ball rolling....

Today I moved the Horn and fitted my bar end mirror.

Removed horn mounting bracket, folded the other bracket to 90 degrees then re-assembled:

Horn nicely tucked away:

Removed the stock bar end weight, turned up a st/st spacer and fitted my cheap eBay bar end mirror:

I'm currently fabricating some blanking bolts/covers to go in the location of the stock mirrors. Didn't want to see empty threaded holes on the controls.
I'll post some photos tonight when they have been painted and installed.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
9 Posts
I installed this license plate frame that has a LED brake light and turn signals built in. I smashed out my stock tail light so this is my replacement.

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
This morning I fitted my blanking caps to fill up the holes left over from removing my mirrors.
I used an M10x8mm (1.25mm pitch) hex head bolt, turned the head down to half it's thickness, radiused the corners, sprayed them with primer, then matt black.

They may not look the best, but I think they look better than staring down at a pair of threaded holes.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
This morning I fitted my blanking caps to fill up the holes left over from removing my mirrors.
I used an M10x8mm (1.25mm pitch) hex head bolt, turned the head down to half it's thickness, radiused the corners, sprayed them with primer, then matt black.

They may not look the best, but I think they look better than staring down at a pair of threaded holes.

Sent from my HTC One
Those look nice. IMO little details like that make a huge difference.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I was thinking of bar end mirrors for better rear view around my upper arms and shoulders as the stock mirrors are not wide enough. Any problems with the bar end type mirrors? Visibility improved?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
I was thinking of bar end mirrors for better rear view around my upper arms and shoulders as the stock mirrors are not wide enough. Any problems with the bar end type mirrors? Visibility improved?
I've only fitted the bar end mirror on one side (as the other is on my Zoomer), but visibility is massively increased.
When looking I'm the stock mirrors, 50% of the view was covered by my arms. With the convex bar end mirror I can fully see everything behind me (as well as part of the adjacent lane).
The downsides are that the bar end mirror can make it harder to filter through traffic due to the bars being wider. Also, the convex mirror makes traffic look further behind than it is, giving you a false sense of distance. You'll get used to this though...

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
168 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Today I arrived home from work to find that the screw had fallen out of my rear indicator, causing it to drop off.

To remedy this, I switched all the indicator retaining screws for st/st button heads and installed them with a little bit of thread lock.
Try and fall off now! Lol.

Sent from my HTC One

·
Registered
65 Posts
Today I arrived home from work to find that the screw had fallen out of my rear indicator, causing it to drop off.

To remedy this, I switched all the indicator retaining screws for st/st button heads and installed them with a little bit of thread lock.

Sent from my HTC One
Exactly the same happened to me a couple weeks ago

·
Registered
235 Posts

Sent from my HTC One
Damn every other screw and bolt on the Grom is on super tight! I couldn't get the front blinker screw out!

1 - 20 of 2735 Posts