2020 Grom

Things already installed.

Pro Taper Honda Mini Bars
Pro-Taper Grips
SBL Billet Levers
Changed the color from orange to white
LED Turn signals
Break Light Flasher
Amazon Mirrors ( I can see behind me now )
Kitaco Cluth Cover
Kitaco Oil Pump
DHM Airbox Mod
MXP Growler High Mount Exhaust
Stiffer Clutch Springs
Koso Clutch Lifter Plate ~! { Changed to Chimera Lifter Plate after reading bad reviews/experiences from people on here with the Koso Plate }
Aracer RCmini 5
Aracer AF1
Monkey Rearsets
Ohlins Fork Kit ~! { Changed to Racing Bros Fork Kit }
Yoshimura ST-2M Cam ~! { After research and reading a lot of user experiences on here went with the Yoshimura ST-1M }
Kitaco 5 row oil cooler
Kitaco Oil Catch Can

I'll figure out/get comfortable with the Aracer setup first then move to the next round of stuff...

Koso DB-03R Dash ~! { Decided against this - After a lot of research I decided to go Aracer Sport-D, you can set the parameter and it is all integrated with the Aracer ECU. I’ll run it to show AFR and Engine Temp }
Takegawa 143 BBK ~~! { CHANGED to DHM 153cc kit w/ forged piston }
DHM 26.5/22.5 Head with Street Port for Koso TB ( hopefully, he says he'll be up and running again soon ) ~! { Changed to DHM 27/23 head, still street port with Koso intake manifold and TB }
PCX150 Injector
Koso Intake
Koso TB
Kitaco Starter Motor
Ohlins Rear Shock ~! { Changed to Racing Bros Mono R Shock }
AntiGravity Lithium Battery
Michelin City Grip Tires
~! { Grom Fatherz HD Cylinder Studs }

Attachments

See less See more
#12 ·
So changes...

Out with the Ohlins upgrades... Decided to go Racing Bros. Their kit has adjustable rebound and dampening for the forks, so it seemed like a no brainer. Grabbed a Racijg Bros shock as well. Will be here tomorrow.

Exhaust is at the local bigh performance moto shop getting the O2 bung welded onto the exhaust...

Have decided to do Takegawa cam chain tension as well since I’m gonna be in there doing the 4th bearing...

#13 · (Edited)
Updates...

Exhaust on...

Aracer installed...

Changed my mind and went with Racing Bros for suspension... It's here, but might be a minute till its installed.

Gonna get the spring powder coated in Himalayan White Pearl to match my plastics...

Have made some changes to my plan... Currently talking with DHM, about a 153cc kit. That would be my dream displacement for what i want to accomplish and for what/how I ride.

Going to end up going with the Kitaco Type 2 Cam. It's on its way to me now.

#14 ·

Did a lot yesterday...

First oil change, at 630 miles. Quite a bit of debris in the oil and in the screen. Glad to have a real filter now. Will probably only give it 200 miles, then do another oil change and pop the cover off to check the screen again.

With the new oil came a new oil system.

Kitaco Clutch cover.
Magnetic Oil Drain Plug
30% stiffer clutch springs
Chimera Billet Clutch Plate

Takegawa 4th Bearing
Drilled the oil hole mod for the 4th bearing
Takegawa Cam Chain Tensioner Arm
Kitaco Duracon Cam Chain Tensioner Cap

#16 ·
A little late, but I don't think you have to drill for the 4th bearing on an SF Grom. That is an OG thing I think.

#18 ·
Racing Bros Fork Kit installed.

Maybe a tad stiff than I like. Could see myself maybe getting .60 springs in a year down the road once everything else is finished...

Also wrapped my forks to get rid of the gold and to keep my black and white theme going strong...

Rear sets are getting changed out to Monkey rear sets to get rid of the cast silver and rear pegs I have no need for soon. Monkey rear break arrived in the mail. Hopefully will get to it tomorrow.

#20 ·
Got my spring back from the powder coater today. Got it done up in Himalayan Pearl White to match the plastics.. Won’t get it on for a few days as I’m waiting for a few other things to show up that I will put on at the same time. Will hopefully get it on by next Saturday.

#23 ·
Kitaco 5 row oil cooler and Kitaco oil catch can installed.

Pretty straight forward. Was worried about leaks after a few YouTube people had leaks initially with their install, but none what so ever. Dry as a bone.

Temps now stay under 200f, 90% of the time. After idling at a light, the temp will pretty much drop 2-3˚ within the first 100-200 yards off the light and drop down a total of about 5˚ in between lights. Temp creep at lights is significantly less. I feel pretty god about temps being able to stay under 220˚ consistently when I get my BBK installed.

Overall very happy with these two items right away.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.