Honda Grom banner

41 - 60 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
well got it running. just to sum it up I decided to see what I could manage out of the stock bore. this is what ive got on the first few tries.
grom has
pcv wb2
finbro head / we ported
finbro 125 cam
we cut the tb to 26.65mm
finbro high compression stock bore piston

I'm 6' 224lbs. so far ive got the bike to do 73-74 sitting up and 83 tucked.

I know the speedo is off as I'm 1 tooth up on the rear. ill get a gps reading when I feel like its close to all I can get.

this weekend I'm thinking about knocking .015'' off the head and retest . id like to get a good # before shootin for the gusto on sum race fuel.

last step will be dyno tuning and fuel. I do have the rev limiter set at 11k and am showing 10.5 in 4th at top speed just not enough hp to get it to stutter.

finbro has another cam id like to try, I'm sure ill get my hands on it soon.

ill upload a pic of my fuel map and I'm running +3 degrees in the top end
I used the finbro cam that cam with my Finbro 183 BBK kit and I found that it is great in 1st, 2 and 3 gear and falls flat in 4th gear. I used the same cam in my BrianS 170 engine and same results on the power band 1,2 and 3 great and falls short in 4th gear. I switched both cam to the DCR cam used for the 170cc BBK kit engine and also used duel valve springs and have great HP results in all gears, I also had the yosh RS9 full system and switched to Finbro full exhaust that is recommended for the 183 engine and had better response than the RS9 and I sold both of my RS9 yosh system and went to Finbro exhaust but that is me. One last test was the Koso 34mm throttle body with their matching inlet tube.

good luck on your build.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #46
I tried putting finbros biggest cam in earlier this week. it was so big it wouldn't even spin in the head. I had to mill clearance in the cam pocket.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #50
also, ill be selling the finbro head that we ported. the head will come as I'm running it right now! its the ported finbro head with +1mm valves that's been decked .22'' as well as re ported. there are pics above. ill also be willing to sell my overbored tb 26.65mm too. ive been 82mph on stock bore with this set up and I'm sure I could get more with the middle finbro cam or big DCR. I'm going 186 4v is the reason for selling.

head and cam 300
tb 160

·
Registered
8,334 Posts
Nice going can't wait for the final product.

Are you going to bump it up to 5 speed, I'm waiting for Hard Racing to ship me my Takegawa 5 speed transmission, doing my 181-4v on a slow build, still have to mark in my timing mark on my lighten fly wheel and crack the case open to install my Kitaco crank and rod and new bearings and port and polish the head and open up the intake to match the inlet tube.

Keep up the good work on your build.

41 - 60 of 319 Posts