Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
1 last pic for old times, ive forgot just how far I was taking these things lol. check out the 2 o clock cylinder stud/cylinder spacing.... that bitch thin

Attachments

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #23 (Edited)
back at it again, brake calipers, lines, rotors, wheels, and tires. rear fender delete an smoked turn signals. just sent the seat out to get done as well

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Keep up the good work on the grom, I know how you feel about money pit, but like you I love motorcycles and I have two groms so that is twice the money pit and soon to be a KTM 390 Duke money pit. Seems like I rather work on these little motorcycle than upgrading my 1999 Hayabusa.

Cured the Crank case pressure issue on my BrianS 170 BBK engine but on my Finbro 183 BBK engine still having oil coming out of the crank to my mod airbox even thou both groms have the same exact parts for crank case pressure using the oil spout filler as a relief for pressure and increasing the size of the i/d hose for both crank case vent and oil spout hole and routing the hose up high and around the gas tank and back down to the mod air box.

Hey ride safe.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Question about your porting method. Are there any drawbacks to cutting the valve stem guides to follow the contour of the ports, versus leaving them full length and contouring the surrounding material to maximize flow?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
that's like asking about someones favorite nfl team.... porting methods are a plenty, and most are worth a penny as well. if your looking for the most power..... cut em, depending on the length of the guide

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #40
well got it running. just to sum it up I decided to see what I could manage out of the stock bore. this is what ive got on the first few tries.
grom has
pcv wb2
finbro head / we ported
finbro 125 cam
we cut the tb to 26.65mm
finbro high compression stock bore piston

I'm 6' 224lbs. so far ive got the bike to do 73-74 sitting up and 83 tucked.

I know the speedo is off as I'm 1 tooth up on the rear. ill get a gps reading when I feel like its close to all I can get.

this weekend I'm thinking about knocking .015'' off the head and retest . id like to get a good # before shootin for the gusto on sum race fuel.

last step will be dyno tuning and fuel. I do have the rev limiter set at 11k and am showing 10.5 in 4th at top speed just not enough hp to get it to stutter.

finbro has another cam id like to try, I'm sure ill get my hands on it soon.

ill upload a pic of my fuel map and I'm running +3 degrees in the top end

21 - 40 of 319 Posts