Honda Grom banner

261 - 280 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #261
long day..... went for a SHORT ride today lol...... snatched 3rd and broke the tak 5 speed.... broke about 7 teeth off all in all.... its back together with new 5 speed minus the head...... its late I'm done

·
Registered
693 Posts
That sucks! Any idea what could have caused it?

Did your Take boxes come with the trust washer between C3 and C4 installed or not?

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #263
Well finally got to ride it put 30 minutes on it. Runs and shifts very smooth much much more power than the 170 before. After all that how could one not at least try to run it up a little bit lol.. the day was very windy my old 170 wouldn't had cracked a 100 and the ground fatherz 210 did this in under half the distance and me weighing 232 lb. I was running no fairings and a jacket that felt like a pearachute. Regardless that ride wasn't for that and that wa's far from stretched out. Worked on the clutch a little might can ride it tomorrow

Attachments

·
Registered
10 Posts
just went though the whole of this thread all i can say is you are amazing, you are doing things others can't and honestly it puts smiles on my face hehe :D

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #270
500 miles down on the grom fatherz 210... today was a solid 50-60 miles 25 all highway.. temp today was 80-81.. held speed of 75ish... up to a few blast too 110... she got a tad hot lol... my koso dash showed 170. Probably closer to 230... each time it cooled back down to 154 on the dash or probably 194ish... not bad to still be running no oil cooler lol..

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #272
built this 210 with a little lower compression and for a guy that's 84 years old. its still got the stock bars on it:)

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
built this 210 with a little lower compression and for a guy that's 84 years old. its still got the stock bars on it:)
Looks like you are having the same problem with the speedo as I was having when I installed my takegawa 5 speed. One of the install instructions mention to put a small washer under the speed sensor to increase the height of the sensor, you don't need that washer if you remove the washer the speed will work ok.

·
Registered
683 Posts
Discussion Starter #275
well ive been riding and messing with my old buddies grom a little. being the second running grom fatherz 210 its coming around. for those keeping score theres nothing else close. 31928661_164825164197540_1613243785720889344_n.jpg

·
Registered
8,249 Posts
So when is the 210 kit coming out for production sales and what other hardware you have to get such as HD crank/rod from Finbro or Kitaco, Koso 34mm throttle body or Koso 34mm throttle body, ECM PCV or Aracer, etc, clue the followers in on the prep they need to do before receiving/buying your 210 kits.

·
Registered
979 Posts
Please do tell.

hell I might go all out. I have been known to go off the deep end a time or too...

261 - 280 of 319 Posts