Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 103 Posts

·
Registered
918 Posts
Yeah I don't really understand that style. Does not look functional or fun at all.

Sent from the refrigerator using HondaGrom.net mobile app.

·
Registered
195 Posts
Speaking of acquired tastes, these dayglow paint schemes Icon keeps doing are growing on me.. I didn't think twice about it before cause I was looking at getting a 250R but now that I'm getting a Grom this seems just wild enough for the bike.

·
Registered
325 Posts

·
Registered
695 Posts
I almost went for this yamaha fz-09 instead of the Grom. it's not out yet like the Grom, but I couldn't decide which I was going to place a deposit on. This forum influenced my decision alot ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1374351971.059552.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1374352034.349419.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1374352043.466070.jpg

·
Registered
659 Posts
I own a 2013 Zero S. It weighs 355 lbs. but is full size and has a very comfortable riding position. Nearly instant 68 ft. lbs of torque and great roll-on acceleration onto the interstate. I ride it every day and it is my favorite bike of all time. Nobody has come even close to beating me off the line and beyond. In part that might be because they have no idea I am about to smoke their butt since when stopped there are no rpms and no sound at all. Then a twist of the wrist and the tires smoke and you are off. No warming up like with ICE bikes, comes with built-in storage where the gas tank would be...I put a drink refill, glasses, a newspaper folded over once, cell phone, etc. in mine. Excellent engine breaking which you program with your Iphone when in ECO mode. It's really regenerative braking and regenerative off-throttle rather than engine braking but it feels the same. There is NOT a better commuter or in-town bike anywhere! Comes with a 2-year factory warranty, and since I am a good customer of AF1 Racing where I bought it, I also got lifetime free tires, brakes, drive belts and adjustments, and a once a year brake fluid flush. What's not to like? Oh, well, $15,000+ is a lot of money, but I just love it. This is my second Zero S, and I have put 2800 miles on it in just over 1 month. It is the Tesla of electric bikes. Tried a Brammo Empulse S too, but that has a clunky gear box and chain drive shifting detracts from the EV experience, so I went with Zero. Go test ride one. I'll head over to pick up some tools at Harbor Freight in San Antonio later today. That's a 47-mile round trip ride by interstate mostly. You know it goes 95 mph, right? I think that qualifies as faster than a Grom. Dependability may be an issue, but most of us who own these bikes know a bit about controllers, batteries, electric motors and bikes in general, so that won't be an issue for me. The vast majority of us got into e-motorcycles after years of riding and working on e-bikes. I have 3 of those also. EV is just taking off, and Zero is leading the way as far as motorcycles go. The 2013 Zero S is a quantum leap ahead of the 2011 Zero S I owned...faster, much better range, sealed efficient AC brushless motor vs. the DC brushed motor in the 2011.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I own a 2013 Zero S. It weighs 355 lbs. but is full size and has a very comfortable riding position. Nearly instant 68 ft. lbs of torque and great roll-on acceleration onto the interstate. I ride it every day and it is my favorite bike of all time. Nobody has come even close to beating me off the line and beyond. In part that might be because they have no idea I am about to smoke their butt since when stopped there are no rpms and no sound at all. Then a twist of the wrist and the tires smoke and you are off. No warming up like with ICE bikes, comes with built-in storage where the gas tank would be...I put a drink refill, glasses, a newspaper folded over once, cell phone, etc. in mine. Excellent engine breaking which you program with your Iphone when in ECO mode. It's really regenerative braking and regenerative off-throttle rather than engine braking but it feels the same. There is NOT a better commuter or in-town bike anywhere! Comes with a 2-year factory warranty, and since I am a good customer of AF1 Racing where I bought it, I also got lifetime free tires, brakes, drive belts and adjustments, and a once a year brake fluid flush. What's not to like? Oh, well, $15,000+ is a lot of money, but I just love it. This is my second Zero S, and I have put 2800 miles on it in just over 1 month. It is the Tesla of electric bikes. Tried a Brammo Empulse S too, but that has a clunky gear box and chain drive shifting detracts from the EV experience, so I went with Zero. Go test ride one. I'll head over to pick up some tools at Harbor Freight in San Antonio later today. That's a 47-mile round trip ride by interstate mostly. You know it goes 95 mph, right? I think that qualifies as faster than a Grom. Dependability may be an issue, but most of us who own these bikes know a bit about controllers, batteries, electric motors and bikes in general, so that won't be an issue for me. The vast majority of us got into e-motorcycles after years of riding and working on e-bikes. I have 3 of those also. EV is just taking off, and Zero is leading the way as far as motorcycles go. The 2013 Zero S is a quantum leap ahead of the 2011 Zero S I owned...faster, much better range, sealed efficient AC brushless motor vs. the DC brushed motor in the 2011.

Thanks a lot for the info! I really want to buy one after I get the Grom. I live in a pretty small town and this would be great to ride back and forth to work and what not. I have tried to get the local dealer to set up a test ride but still have had no response. Everything I have seen from actual owners makes me believe I will love this bike.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
I just emailed two more dealers since the one that is closest is not responding. Too bad the other dealers are more than 3 hours away.

·
Registered
659 Posts
The owner of AF1 Racing is my neighbor. If I ever get problems or just need service, he loads the bike in his truck on his way to work, fixes it and brings it back at no charge usually cause they are almost always under warranty. The actual dealership is 2 miles away and with the service contract I have with the Zero S, it is a worry-free bike. I try to buy from him naturally and may be his best customer. He does give me good discounts too. Having a neighbor like that is worth more than money to me. Nice guy too. In the last 4 years I've bought a lot of bikes from him...50 cc Sportcity Scooter, Sportcity 125 Scooters (2), Scarabeo 100, Sportcity 250 ie, Vespa 150, Vespa 300 (2), a 2011 Zero S, and a 2013 Zero S...all new. I've also owned 2 Ninja 300s, a Triumph Street Triple r, a Vino 125, a Ninja 250r, a Ninja 650r, and a Gixxer 1000 during those same 4 years, but I trade a lot. 4 is the most I keep in my garage due to room and just trade them in for newer, different bikes...and AF1 gets to sell my gently used bikes as well. When my daughter goes off to college next month and takes her Fiat with her, I will have more room though. I ride about 20,000 miles a year. So when I say the 2013 Zero S is the best bike I've ever owned, that's saying something. I'm not sure I would feel that way about it though if the dealer was 3 hours away. Both AF1 Racing and Zero have forums. I'm dkw12002 on both of those. There are a lot of knowledgeable riders on both of them if you are interested.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
The owner of AF1 Racing is my neighbor. If I ever get problems or just need service, he loads the bike in his truck on his way to work, fixes it and brings it back at no charge usually cause they are almost always under warranty. The actual dealership is 2 miles away and with the service contract I have with the Zero S, it is a worry-free bike. I try to buy from him naturally and may be his best customer. He does give me good discounts too. Having a neighbor like that is worth more than money to me. Nice guy too. In the last 4 years I've bought a lot of bikes from him...50 cc Sportcity Scooter, Sportcity 125 Scooters (2), Scarabeo 100, Sportcity 250 ie, Vespa 150, Vespa 300 (2), a 2011 Zero S, and a 2013 Zero S...all new. I've also owned 2 Ninja 300s, a Triumph Street Triple r, a Vino 125, a Ninja 250r, a Ninja 650r, and a Gixxer 1000 during those same 4 years, but I trade a lot. 4 is the most I keep in my garage due to room and just trade them in for newer, different bikes...and AF1 gets to sell my gently used bikes as well. When my daughter goes off to college next month and takes her Fiat with her, I will have more room though. I ride about 20,000 miles a year. So when I say the 2013 Zero S is the best bike I've ever owned, that's saying something. I'm not sure I would feel that way about it though if the dealer was 3 hours away. Both AF1 Racing and Zero have forums. I'm dkw12002 on both of those. There are a lot of knowledgeable riders on both of them if you are interested.
I will definitely look into it. Thanks again.

1 - 20 of 103 Posts