Honda Grom banner
721 - 726 of 726 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Just picked up my first Grom a few days ago, and have added it to my barn of two other bikes. I currently have a 2010 Triumph Daytona 675 and 2016 Ducati Hypermotard 939, but am actually extremely excited to have the Grom now; it’s made my commute a blast! Currently have some Yoshi accessories on order which should be here in a couple weeks, but am waiting on exhaust options to become available before committing to anything right now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
As a riding instructor, we have a fleet of Honda's: CB300F, Rebel 300, CB250 and Groms. My go-to bike has always been the Grom. Now that it's been updated, and the tricolour scheme is the only colour available in Canada, I'm on the verge of ordering the ABS model. My other current bikes are Yamaha Tracer 900GT and I have a Ducati Multistrada 1200 stashed in Colorado.

In the rider training on a closed course, the Grom is pretty fast off the line, but I'm wondering in real-world traffic in the big city how it will do off the line, I don't want cars tailgating me. I don't really need this bike.. I just want to have it!

·
Registered
Honda MSX125 'Grom' - UK 2021
4 Posts
I'm wondering in real-world traffic in the big city how it will do off the line, I don't want cars tailgating me. I don't really need this bike.. I just want to have it!
I have a 5 speed Grom and have done about 2000 miles so far. It’s quick off the line in 1st and I’ve not had any issues with cars up to about 50mph. Beyond that and the Grom starts to struggle, and uphills will dramatically slow you down

·
Registered
22 Posts

It followed me home!

In Canada, the only colour available is the SP model with or without ABS. Mine is the ABS model.

Grom joined the Tracer 900GT. A far cry from the days when I owned big heavy motos such as the Goldwing 1800, BMW K1600GTL, FJR1300, BMW 1200GSA... I wanted the power but without the weight and the Tracer 900 with its triple-cylinder engine hit the sweet spot for weight and power. And now the Grom is my fun around town bike. I've waited 6 years to get one! I'm glad I did.

721 - 726 of 726 Posts