Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
659 Posts
There don't appear to be any issues with the bike so far. I haven't heard about any stalling, over-heating, not re-starting when hot, blown engines, oil light coming on, etc. that might signal future problems. I will certainly test the little bike with my style of riding in the hot Texas summer wide open for miles at a time.

·
Registered
677 Posts
Allllllllllllllll is the answer. Maintain it... Maybe even don't maintain it.... It's a honda... It just keeps on truckin

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Every honda I've owned be it car, bike, or scooter has been tried and true for decades. I owned a civic for 20 yrs and the only reason I got rid of it was I needed room in my garage and the young kid that bought it from me reminded me of myself when I was 16. As long as you maintain your honda it will last a whole lot longer than you expect.

·
Registered
530 Posts
It is a trick question. They haven't been out long enough to even guesstimate. Check back in 29 years when the Honda starts wearing off the case and I'll tell you.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have 615 on mine. I do about 71 miles/week on it so maybe about 3500 on it by next year. It's my primary vehicle for work with no roads faster than 45mph. I'll keep you informed.

·
Registered
106 Posts
This is a trick question because like the tootsie pop commercial no one licks it till it's gone, it always gets bit. It goes something like this.
Buy Grom, ride Grom, mod Grom.

·
Registered
872 Posts
I went over 16k on my last trip down to Los Angeles. No issues with it as of yet. I've ridden in rain, dirt roads, cold temperatures and in 113°F in Arizona. I did almost 7,000 miles in June alone when I rode it cross country and back to California. That was a hard 13 days on the engine alone. It's running at over 6k rpm most of the time on my trips.

I don't use it to commute since I live next to my business, if not I would have a lot more miles. All miles are from taking trips or riding up to the bay area for group rides.

The oil spinner/screen has only been cleaned twice. My oil changes are done anywhere from 1,000 to 2,000 miles. I check the oil level at every fuel stop. I have had to add oil while on the long runs, but nothing excessive. I'm on the second air filter. I open up the air box every once in a while to clean the oil off that goes in from the crankcase breather hose.

My Grom is mechanically stock. Only things added are a windshield, custom made rack, top box and a 2 gallon auxiliary fuel tank.

·
Registered
291 Posts
Figure I'll throw mine in. Gonna roll 11,000 miles today on my almost stock motor(bought 3/9/16) Only has chimera intake, kitaco clutch cover, takagawa oil pump, and 15/36 gearing. I literally don't shift until a hair before rev limit and I'm usually above 8k, unless it's slow in town riding. My groms been ridden in almost all conditions minus below 0*f, above 100*f, and snow/ice. Good portion of my miles are wide open hill climbs in the mountains for 10+miles. Done a fair amount of trail riding with occasional little jumps on some fairly rough trails. Can't ride a wheelie for more than 30ft so it's never been oil starved from dank woolies. Speaking of oil, I aim to change at 1500miles and the filter gets changed every other oil change. My valves have only needed one adjustment cuz they weren't correct from the dealer. Speaking of the dealer, they only touched the bike before I owned it. Found tons of stuff they didn't do. So only I work on my bike. No oops moments from other people doing incorrect things.

Can't say I've had a single issue or break down in the time I've owned my Grom. It's an excellently designed little bike. Planning on riding mine until I can't anymore. Aiming to put the most miles on a Grom frame ever. Need to get one of those 100,000 mile sticks with the bar you fill in. Maybe even two.

·
Registered
184 Posts
There don't appear to be any issues with the bike so far. I haven't heard about any stalling, over-heating, not re-starting when hot, blown engines, oil light coming on, etc. that might signal future problems. I will certainly test the little bike with my style of riding in the hot Texas summer wide open for miles at a time.
lol make sure you check your oil if you ride your bike like that. i rode my grom hard one day when it was like 105 degrees and it burned up the oil still need to fix my bike :(

1 - 20 of 23 Posts