Honda Grom banner
21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
I think you are only going to get a positive answer on this forum
My advice would be sell your Ninja buy the Grom.
A Grom is probably the best commuter bike especially if in your commute you don’t have to travel faster than 80km/h (50 mph) you will find you won’t ride any other bikes. I was peered grouped pressured into buying a Grom and in my collection I have a Bimota DB8, KTM 790 Duke, BMW RnineT. Of All my bikes I bought the KTM to do the commute work on it’s a great bike comfortable a good all rounder and will keep up with anything fast on the open roads it’s all the bike you need.
i commute on the Grom though. It’s because it turns commute speeds into the excitement of riding big bikes fast. You need to be in the right gear, you have to corner precisely to keep your road speed all the things about riding that makes it fun you do commuting.
So why sell the ninja well though, a 650 ninja is a good bike and I’m sure you love it the Grom allows you to buy something special for special rides. When I go “for a ride” I don’t take the Grom I take one of my special bikes KTM for two up, BMW for a leisurely ride or the Bimota if I want to challenge myself.
Thats what a Grom will do for you think of the bike you’ve always wanted and not have to compromise because you need to commute on it.
More importantly you'll still get to have fun commuting around the place.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I commute to work on a Ninja 650, weather permitting. I don't expect the Grom to replace the Ninja, but I'm in the market for a new toy and for some reason the Grom is calling to me. For those of you that have a bigger bike, how often do you find yourself on the Grom?

I have a 2019 BMW 1250 GSA that I ride most of the time. Just purchased a 2022 Grom and you can't get me off the thing.
I only have 50 miles on it and have already started purchasing upgrades.

·
Registered
79 Posts
I picked up a 22 Grom 3 months ago... 5500 miles later, it's still my go-to out of several others that just sit now. I've never had a bad ride on it.

·
Registered
2022 Grom
71 Posts
got a rsv4 and a 22 grom. honestly the grom gets more use, I love the rsv4, but honestly thats a track bike that requires a lot of air to keep cool, it hates red light (therefore it sucks ass in traffic and stop lights)
I sold my '22 Grom after 9 weeks, wasn't quite what I was looking for. When I get to ride, I prefer to head out of the city. I found myself wanting to toodle around on the Speed Triple 1200. It doesn't overheat like the Aprilia, and is more road friendly than the RSV4/Tuono. Though the 765 is probably the better choice, it's more fun in some ways. But holy sh!t that torque from the 1200. But I digress ...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I sold my '22 Grom after 9 weeks, wasn't quite what I was looking for. When I get to ride, I prefer to head out of the city. I found myself wanting to toodle around on the Speed Triple 1200. It doesn't overheat like the Aprilia, and is more road friendly than the RSV4/Tuono. Though the 765 is probably the better choice, it's more fun in some ways. But holy sh!t that torque from the 1200. But I digress ...
changed out to a full akra evo2 exhaust, she's much cooler now :D and much more enjoyable getting her up to the mountains, its doubtful I'll ever sell her. the grom will eventually get toted around all over the country
Tire Wheel Vehicle Grille Automotive lighting

21 - 25 of 25 Posts