Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
It has been 2 months since I post "Is 2022 Grom slower than 2014 stock model" when I decided to go retro. Well during this period I sold my OG Grom for a good price and ordered my new 2022 Monkey from my friend Scott.

What I didn't realize was there would be a "Flotilla" of container ships stuck off the California coast "grouper fishing"!!

Every week my scheduled delivery was slipping month to month, last Tuesday it was obvious, working into 2022. I checked Cycle trader last week and counted 8 new 2022 Monkey actually on-hand at dealerships nationwide.

Thursday, Scott texted me a Monkey picture, he had managed to get one thru his network.

I told Scott, you are the "Monkey God"!!!! I was both excited and lucky to get one.

I am now breaking it in sanely, only have 26 miles so far...........

First impressions..........beautiful Honda retro paint/finish, the seat - bars - pegs relationship is comfortable, the tranny shifts like "butter", seat of the pants quickness more I expected, and I really enjoy having the fifth gear. I didn't realize how much I had missed fifth from my days working at the bike shop and riding "Liter" bikes.

Although I enjoyed my OG Grom for over 7 years, it was time to move on and I now know, I will be very happy with the new Monkey for years to come.

Life is Good

Some Pics...........

Tire Wheel Land vehicle Vehicle Fuel tank
Tire Wheel Fuel tank Vehicle Automotive lighting
Tire Wheel Land vehicle Fuel tank Automotive fuel system

·
Registered
33 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks.........

Installed Mnnthbx luggage rack tonight, the 2021 rack fit perfect on the 2022. Nice strong installation, picks up top shock mounts and the frame brackets under the seat. Will post a picture tomorrow, sun went done.

·
Registered
109 Posts
It has been 2 months since I post "Is 2022 Grom slower than 2014 stock model" when I decided to go retro. Well during this period I sold my OG Grom for a good price and ordered my new 2022 Monkey from my friend Scott.

What I didn't realize was there would be a "Flotilla" of container ships stuck off the California coast "grouper fishing"!!

Every week my scheduled delivery was slipping month to month, last Tuesday it was obvious, working into 2022. I checked Cycle trader last week and counted 8 new 2022 Monkey actually on-hand at dealerships nationwide.

Thursday, Scott texted me a Monkey picture, he had managed to get one thru his network.

I told Scott, you are the "Monkey God"!!!! I was both excited and lucky to get one.

I am now breaking it in sanely, only have 26 miles so far...........

First impressions..........beautiful Honda retro paint/finish, the seat - bars - pegs relationship is comfortable, the tranny shifts like "butter", seat of the pants quickness more I expected, and I really enjoy having the fifth gear. I didn't realize how much I had missed fifth from my days working at the bike shop and riding "Liter" bikes.

Although I enjoyed my OG Grom for over 7 years, it was time to move on and I now know, I will be very happy with the new Monkey for years to come.

Life is Good

Some Pics...........

View attachment 91203 View attachment 91204 View attachment 91205
Hey just wondering since you have the 22 Monkey, are you going to install a tail tidy/fender eliminator?

I put a yoshimura fender eliminator on my 2019 monkey and am wondering if that kit will work for the new 5 speed model.

I'm not on any social media networks and haven't seen any discussion on the topic. I called Yoshimura RD and they say they haven't verified on the new model yet.

So I thought I'd ask an owner as you may have done some research. I think mnnthbx or TST has something but I like the yoshimura kit. The rear fender appears the same as the previous model but thought I'd ask.

And congratulations, the new black model looks sharp.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts