Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
There doesn't seem to be any collated info on the aftermarket seats available, so I thought I'd start this thread. If we get a good response, hopefully we can sticky this.

I've personally got the stock seat, but I'm looking at upgrading to the GCraft Dantsuki Seat in the coming months. I've ridden a few friends monkeys who have already changed seats, so I'll start off with those. I'm 6'2" so my comments are coming from a taller rider.

Please post in the format shown below, and I'll update the contents as we get new ones added

Stock Seat
  • Cost - Free
  • Comfort - Lots of padding, nice for a tall rider
  • Aesthetics - Its big, the cover is a tad basic
  • Other - Cover is slippery, which can be noticed when doing wheelies or hard (big bore) acceleration
  • Link - N/A
Contents

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #2

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Kitaco v1 Seat
  • Cost - 150 USD
  • Comfort - No good for a tall rider. The seat is lower and the hump in the tail means you can't sit further back on the seat when you're cruising
  • Aesthetics - Looks really good and gives the bike a cafe racer look. Frame tubes are fully exposed
  • Other - One of my stunting buddies loves this seat because the hump locks you in when doing wheelies
  • Link - KITACO : Custom Seat [610-1300050]

·
Registered
21 Posts
Well in a lot of ways it’s less comfy because it’s not as big and squishy. Now I ride mountain bikes a lot and am used to less than comfortable seats.

however it lowers me on the bike and makes me feel more a part of it vs being on top of it. It’s easier to move around on and provide body English. I also take my four year old daughter around a track at my house, with the way it fits to the tank it’s much more comfortable for her and I can scoot back farther as well.

I have put a few hours on it off-road and it was comfy enough. I would buy again. Also I love the brown with the blue paint.

·
Registered
113 Posts
I currently have the Takegawa Tuck Roll seat.....for short rides around the neighborhood, its fine and almost as comfortable as the stock seat. A couple weeks ago, I went on a 100 mile ride and my ass hurt so bad, that I almost wanted to ditch the monkey and Uber the rest of the ride home.

20200827_123823.jpg

1 - 10 of 10 Posts