Honda Grom banner

21 - 40 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
790 Posts
Agreed. If you google gun deaths in the US you get a lot of bias media results. I found an interesting website that appears to just have facts: https://www.gunviolencearchive.org/past-tolls

It leaves out suicide deaths and the number dropped a lot.

Also look at the home page map. East coast is violent lol
We (East Coast) have so many damn cities and they are all, sadly, closing in on the safe and quiet small towns.

I don't doubt it, I was just surprised by Ciscos road death numbers. 40000 still seems pretty high, especially considering many americans seem to be driving huge SUVpicktankuptrucks vs the french driving around in flimsy old small hatchbacks lol
Numbers, alone, can be misleading. Everything is relative. Look at the whole picture. 40,000 auto accident deaths out of 372.2 Million people is a minuscule percentage - something along the lines of 0.01%.

·
Registered
671 Posts
I was comparing to France, we're 67 million vs around 3400 accident death / year, that's a lot lower.
Just goes to show you guys can't drive and are probably on drugs half the time...

Wait for it... :big smile:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Ive been in France, and driven there (In Nantes and Paris). Try again . lol. Its pretty hard to kill yourself in Clio, though you may feel like you want to.

.. wait for it.... :crazy:

·
Registered
3,743 Posts
Jesse James out the hell out of Calif and so did other custom car, motorcycle builders due to EPA, CARB, tree huggers, gun laws and the list goes on.

example of things that changed, I was able to carry my 45 pistol in my car can no longer do that loaded, have to have the gun in your truck in a lock case with the ammo in another lock case and if the cops find the ammo in the mag they will take you in because it is considered you are carrying a loaded conceal firearm.

I use to skateboard in Santa Cruz esp near the wharf, now there's signs all over the place stating no skateboarding.

when you dumb down the citizens that live in Calif and don't teach them the proper legal terms under the Constitutions, people just forget that this country was built for and by the people and not by the people in your state capital or your Federal government.

Anyway heading too way of the subject.

Just ride safe on your grom and ride it like you stole it.

or, maybe, the smart ones left. Hm. lol.... cali.jpg

·
Registered
788 Posts

·
Registered
788 Posts
We (East Coast) have so many damn cities and they are all, sadly, closing in on the safe and quiet small towns.
We found a rural canyon to live in that doesn't belong to any city. We're separated from everyone by miles of hills and over ten thousand acres of open park land.

·
Registered
790 Posts
My bike averages 145 miles to the gallon which puts the maximum range at over 200 miles. It'll take electrics a while to catch up to that.
Yep and you don't have to put baseball cards in the spokes.

We found a rural canyon to live in that doesn't belong to any city. We're separated from everyone by miles of hills and over ten thousand acres of open park land.
In the South?

·
Banned
714 Posts
so tooter is doing 200 mile trips on his grom regularly? seems unlikely. he also prides himself on using as little power as possible, so a battery would be a great challenge.

i can't wait to build an electric bike.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I've bought pipes and such from the web. Not enough Groms in Orange County to support a physical shop for parts. Also, I've had my 2017 for (3) years and no inspection needed.

Bottom line, buy on-line, just not in another country. I got ixil pipe from Thailand and wasn't under warranty from the manufacturer. The pipe literally cracked midway between where it would be considered a head pipe. I mean cracked in 1/2.

Happy Grom'ing!!

Lately I've been seeing that CARB of California have been going after stores/shops that sell aftermarket performance hardware that are not approved for public street use in California.

The same goes with performance car/truck parts store.

Seems like everything has to be market for off street use or race track use only.

I know a few places that are closing up shop and closing down their online web store and they also have been fined by CARB of California.

So for most Californians who like to tinker with their car, truck, motorcycle etc you can not get a legit shop to install your aftermarket non-approved hardware for use on Calif street unless you sign a wavier stating your vehicle will be used for racing on a race track.

I already know of a few people "rice cars" who have been ticketed for loud aftermarket exhaust, one guy told me he was stopped because his tail exhaust pipe was not OEM factory looking even thou he did not even have a loud pipe. A couple of my Harley friends got stopped and ticketed for having tinted or blacken out tail lens even thou when you press the brakes or blinkers it shows RED or amber color.

So Calif riders just beware, shit is happening for motorcycle riders, time to go electric "come on Kymco NEX"

I buy most of my stuff now from other states or over seas and even that is now being bullied by Calif law makers to make these companies and website collect Calif sales tax.

Don't get me started on the Commie gun laws in Calif, soon you have to have a back ground check just buying ammo and pay a ammo tax coming July.

Ride Safe all

·
Registered
865 Posts
.....I got ixil pipe from Thailand and wasn't under warranty from the manufacturer. The pipe literally cracked midway between where it would be considered a head pipe. I mean cracked in 1/2.
I am thinking that your pipe might not be a real ixil exhaust, but a knock-off from a company just copying the name and design of the ixil. Buyer beware.

·
Registered
8,227 Posts
Discussion Starter #35
I've bought pipes and such from the web. Not enough Groms in Orange County to support a physical shop for parts. Also, I've had my 2017 for (3) years and no inspection needed.

Bottom line, buy on-line, just not in another country. I got ixil pipe from Thailand and wasn't under warranty from the manufacturer. The pipe literally cracked midway between where it would be considered a head pipe. I mean cracked in 1/2.

Happy Grom'ing!!

Bought most of my performance parts from TYGA, Japanwebike, Yuminashi which is from over seas.

Both of my grom's full exhaust system are from Finbro Thailand I had them since 2015-16 timeframe with Zero issues.

·
Registered
788 Posts
so tooter is doing 200 mile trips on his grom regularly? seems unlikely. he also prides himself on using as little power as possible, so a battery would be a great challenge.

i can't wait to build an electric bike.
You needed to fantasize I said "regular 200 mile trips" just to quibble about it.
I only actually said that's the range of my Grom. I enjoy practicality and efficiency so my Grom offers just another way to pursue those ideals. I've already made over a thousand dollars using it to take me and my tools out and about to do local service calls in my community. So I use my Grom to make money rather than it just costing me money.

·
Registered
788 Posts
I am thinking that your pipe might not be a real ixil exhaust, but a knock-off from a company just copying the name and design of the ixil. Buyer beware.
I believe you're right.
I bought mine from IXIL USA. I completely disassembled it by drilling out all the rivets and even sawing it in half. So while it had some factory defects which needed fixing, it was very soundly put together.

·
Registered
788 Posts
Wow a thousand dollars? You need to charge more.
That's just minor local service calls. For the regular jobs I use my work truck.

From 40 years in the trade, I learned that it's in my best long term interest to price myself under the market, that's how to always have plenty of business for decades regardless of the repeating economic booms and busts of a credit/debt driven economy.

It's karma.

When you generously offer others good deals, you get good deals from others... and I've had some real windfalls in my lifetime.
The Goodwill you receive from serving others is a precious treasure laid up in Heaven that no one can take away from you. :)

·
Banned
714 Posts
i'm not looking for business advice. and if i were you'd be the last place i looked. if you've been in a trade for 40 years and are still on the tools, you've goofed really really bad.

you WOULD love an electric bike. it would be better suited to you than what you're on now even.

21 - 40 of 61 Posts