Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 121 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #64
without suspension, bike's now just able to do this. and will do this twice a week for the next month :cool2: a xxxx € japanese mole gas

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #66
---- bike's still stopped. what a lovely year. (battery's probably fucked)

winter is starting, there's the worst rainstorm of last 30 years, it's cold, rainy and I won't unmount the bike for umpteenth time.
local track is definitively closed for failure first... yesterday it was obliterated by the storm. all buildings were literally pulverized

well... have a good winter :crazy:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #68
Yesterday I reinstalled stock rear suspension and today I get the ohlins to the assistance. I now wait for good news I also left the xv950 for the 30.000 kms maintenance. And buyed a new chain for speed triple. And a new battery for the msx. What else... 18° c here

Inviato dal mio WAS-LX1A utilizzando Tapatalk

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #71
I rode with stock suspension and it's worse than i remember :sad3: bike sits and lose traction... at high speeds is very dangerous even in straight roads

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #73
Absolutely not. Listen there's mafia in Italy, right? Mafia isn't related to criminals only, it's a behavior. For example, If you buy a bike in a region you can't service it in another region, you will be treated like shit and with contempt. With buying a suspension from hard racing is no good for resellers chain, so they don't care. My suspension is in other hands, fortunately

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #76 (Edited)
Well.. I decided to repaint the whole bike.. Fairing almost crumbled during dismount. I cracked one of stator cover nut.

I ve just buyed takegawa stator bolt nuts, kitaco side caps for wheels and while I was the 3rd bearing kit

Next week I'll go to Honda dealer to order an almost full fairing kit. I will also reinstall stock handlebar and i will do phospate the entire exhaust system

·
Registered
609 Posts
Damn that sucks bro, I just broke that same inspection port last week as well. I replaced both of them with the Driven Racing set.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #80
I'm a little bit tired... another modding session today....

installed new, longer oil line
greased the chain
oiled the takegawa filter
fosfatized the exhaust, then washed & treated with wd40
smoothed the stock bar's edges that i did cut previously
drilled the new holes to fit the instrument nipples. failed approx 3 mm too external. no problems with aliexpress bar ends anyway (throttle works perfectly)
assembled the new fairing with transplantig all the boltery (i miss a few..)
investigated the front indicator holes... i have to install two classic ones and i have the eye shaped plastic plates but i lost one of two stock metal supports.. shit

dinner with gratin oysters + grilled toasts with lumpfish eggs

61 - 80 of 121 Posts