Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Who built the piston. Awirut said the 235 has a forged piston and forged rod. Said he can do a 270cc but can't warrant it or tune it. So, that's why I'm going with 235 with his ECM and wiring harness.
You using his also?

Keep it alive baby

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Don't know the exact brand of piston but everything is forged. But I am using his ECM and harness. Started up on the first try no problems. Will post YouTube video in a moment.

·
Registered
469 Posts
Badass! Thanks for posting the video...keep us updated

·
Registered
592 Posts
Curious to know the temps after break in without a cooler. Are you going to monitor a/f ratios also, like to see what his ECM is at

·
Registered
8,240 Posts
yep I will be testing my Finbro ECM on my Grom Finbro 183 engine, I decided to test thet Finbro ECM with the Crower cam and stock throttle body and PC-150 F/I first since it is already in the 183 engine, than slowly remove/swap various hard ware such as OEM throttle body with Finbro Throttle body, then remove the Crower cam and reinstall the Finbro cam.
I first have to remove the PCV and re-solder the wire for the closed-loop circuit 02 sensor unit and switch around a couple of wires and remove the F/I sensor wire on the ECM connector.

At the end of the month "Aug" I will be installing the Koso 34mm throttle body with the matching inlet pipe and matching rubber tube for the airbox.

Hey make sure you stop by my house when breaking in your engine and don't go over the Rev's for breaking it in. Didn't your motor get broken in a little in Thailand?

Remember what happened to your 218cc with the PCV-WB02 unit, keep this 235 broken in properly.

·
Registered
62 Posts
so what is the proper breakin procedure? some people say a couple hundred miles, some people just ride hard right off the bar, etc.

any suggestions to "PROPER" breakin? thanks

·
Registered
62 Posts
Rodzknight, I noticed you had like a little filter on top of the engine, excuse my ignorance but is that the current air filter for the engine? I ordered a 235cc complete engine and I'm wondering if I'm gona be running that set up of my current air box set up. thanks

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Curious to know the temps after break in without a cooler. Are you going to monitor a/f ratios also, like to see what his ECM is at
So far temps are at 200 just idling right now, only have about 60 miles on her total, 32 from FinBro and 30 with me. Rode it home from a friends house at night with outdoor temps in the mid to upper 60s not going faster than 54mph (6000rpms) (16f/32r sprocket) (yes does have speedohealer) and was averaging 210-220 on temp.

My cooler should be arriving in a few weeks, I went with the Takegawa cooler so I would have good information on temps before and after cooler install.

Still looking for an A/F gauge that will work with my setup, I don't have a wideband 02 anymore and wouldn't dare cut a hole in my titanium exhaust. FinBro already measure A/F during his 32 miles break in and got 12.5 at WOT. Its a set it and forget it setup, no need to breakout the laptop and start fooling around with maps and adjusting A/F in different parts of the table.

Attachments

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Dammmm sounds real mean......
Oh it does! sounds like nothing ever heard before from a Grom. I choose to ride back home with the silencer in the exhaust just cause it was late night and didn't wanna be an ass hole, but without it and it sounds like GODZILLA constipated. lol

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
So far temps are at 200 just idling right now, only have about 60 miles on her total, 32 from FinBro and 30 with me. Rode it home from a friends house at night with outdoor temps in the mid to upper 60s not going faster than 54mph (6000rpms) (16f/32r sprocket) (yes does have speedohealer) and was averaging 210-220 on temp.

My cooler should be arriving in a few weeks, I went with the Takegawa cooler so I would have good information on temps before and after cooler install.

Still looking for an A/F gauge that will work with my setup, I don't have a wideband 02 anymore and wouldn't dare cut a hole in my titanium exhaust. FinBro already measure A/F during his 32 miles break in and got 12.5 at WOT. Its a set it and forget it setup, no need to breakout the laptop and start fooling around with maps and adjusting A/F in different parts of the table.
Hmmm that cooler mount is diff then the one on webike. The big black part

sent from the batcave on the batphone

·
Banned
191 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
yep I will be testing my Finbro ECM on my Grom Finbro 183 engine, I decided to test thet Finbro ECM with the Crower cam and stock throttle body and PC-150 F/I first since it is already in the 183 engine, than slowly remove/swap various hard ware such as OEM throttle body with Finbro Throttle body, then remove the Crower cam and reinstall the Finbro cam.
I first have to remove the PCV and re-solder the wire for the closed-loop circuit 02 sensor unit and switch around a couple of wires and remove the F/I sensor wire on the ECM connector.

At the end of the month "Aug" I will be installing the Koso 34mm throttle body with the matching inlet pipe and matching rubber tube for the airbox.

Hey make sure you stop by my house when breaking in your engine and don't go over the Rev's for breaking it in. Didn't your motor get broken in a little in Thailand?

Remember what happened to your 218cc with the PCV-WB02 unit, keep this 235 broken in properly.
What's up buddy, I rode by that night but saw your lights off, I think the tv was on but figured you were asleep. And yes FinBro did breakin a little for me, he said he took it up to 7 a few times and was really impressed with the amount of torque it had.

1 - 20 of 57 Posts