Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
So, in a nutshell, I have many options available in motorcycles to ride (18 BMW K1600 GA, 95 Springer Softail, and the new Monkey) other than the monkey 14 hour road trips are no problem. Is it possible to make a monkey operate at 75 mph for 14 hours? I know this sounds ridiculous.......but why make a trip easy? Seriously......like Iron Butt competitions on a Monkey.

·
Registered
65 Posts
You'll want some engine mods to get to 75mph in the first place. I've heard that a cam, intake, exhaust, and a good tune will let you top out in the 70s. Pray for light/tail wind and no hills. Might want an oil cooler if you want to do big mileage, but the tank size being so limited will keep you from going on for hours at a time. A big bore kit will help you stay at that speed, but that will require an injector and injector harness as well as an oil cooler for sure.

·
Registered
8,228 Posts
Around 2K in money you might be able to ride 70mph for a long time.

things to change Cam, port your head, external oil cooler, better ECU, Kitaco clutch side cover, O-ring chain, open up the intake port and exhaust port to match the I/D of the pipes or inlet pipe. Open up the intake port to about 26-27mm and also the inlet tube, polish the inside of the inlet tube. Keep the throttle body stock.

Test and see what full exhaust system and F/I will give you power and also mpg.

expensive parts a ECU and maybe a full carbon fiber wheels or spoke wheels, Your main goal is to reduce weight and drag.

good luck

1 - 7 of 7 Posts