Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
115 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After plenty of searches on the site and seeing there is like a million and one threads about handlebars I decided to Start this thread. this is for those of you like myself that are looking to change there handlebar setup and cant seem to find the right one. Hopefully by starting this it will enlighten many of us that are new Grommers in search of better/nicer/more comfortable handlebars.

Post up a picture of your grom/msx125 handlebar set ups

Pros and cons of the handle bar you chosen

Your height/arm reach this should be a big factor in choosing the right one

Any modification that was made to install the different handle bar

Hopefully this works and makes searching for your handle bar a much easier task.

:redgrom: please if you dont have any good info or something to contribute to the thread don't post thanks.:blackgrom:​

·
Registered
56 Posts
My Setup:

-Pro Taper Contour 1 1/8" Pastrana FMX/ATV Bend
-Area 22 1 1/8" Adapters
-Pro Taper Grips

My thoughts:

The bars are long enough in the "controls" area at 190mm, but they can not afford to be cut down any more. For this reason they are probably about 3 inches wider than stock. I believe they are literally as low as possible while maintaining adequate clearance. If the bar adapters didn't raise the bars slightly then they probably wouldn't clear. All cables and hoses reached.

All in all I like the bars, both in look and feel. My arms are extended now where they were bent before, but I still feel that my seating position is vertical. I'm 5'10 with slightly longer than average arms.

Here are a couple of pictures, and more can be found in the album linked below.

WP_20150905_12_44_44_Pro.jpg WP_20150905_12_44_36_Pro.jpg

http://imgur.com/a/7WFKP

Reactions: Rebelgd

·
Registered
518 Posts
I went with Protaper SE KLX/DRZ 110 bend. Regular 7/8" bars. They are wider then stock. Cut approx 1/2" off on each end. The controls fit and work perfectly, plenty of room to spare even after the cut-down ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1443488980.765558.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1443489002.024519.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1443489032.606738.jpg ImageUploadedByHondaGrom.net1443489063.188698.jpg

·
Registered
68 Posts
Renthal RC High 7/8"

These bars are about as low as you can get without hitting the body work at full lock. They have about a 1/4" of clearance.

At 5'6" the riding position is much more comfortable than stock, still far more upright than my FZ6, but I'm no longer leaning back just to hold onto the bars.

They're a little wide for my liking, about 31" in width, I would prefer maybe 28-29" in width. However, you get used to it and it's not a huge issue.

Installation on these was a breeze, just pull off your controls from the old bars, drill a couple of holes, and then put everything back together! No issues with the install at all.

·
Registered
172 Posts
I have FLY Mini bend bars For $20 i couldn't go wrong to at least try them. So far i have no complaints. I might bump them up tho an inch and see if they feel a little better. Have a couple pics to give you an idea. They clear everything just fine and i believe they are wider so my bar end mirrors actually do stuff ;)

1 - 7 of 7 Posts