Honda Grom banner

21 - 25 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
341 Posts
I

Had the same issue. Was able to spin them all the way through instead of backing them out. Took me a while to figure that out...

Thanks for that. Can the rod be removed like that while the rocker arm is installed, or does it need to come out?

·
Registered
14 Posts
Sorry, just saw your question. It can be removed with the rocker arm in place. Just make sure you are at top dead center so you can pull them forward.
Thanks for that. Can the rod be removed like that while the rocker arm is installed, or does it need to come out?

·
Registered
1 Posts
.003 on the exhaust is damn tight. Id rather have a lil noisy of a valve train than a hot exhaust valve that cant fully close.

I have said it before and will say it again, Stock head with stock valves (or anything close to a stock head, including big valve heads with valves in the stock locations ... aka anything thats not a 4v head or 2v Neo head), the lash's should remain stock .004 and .007.

The reason why the TB cam is so noisy is its based on a regrind cam (DCR)... as such it has a small base circle (probably why you had to screw in your valve tappets quite a bit to get right clearances). The small base circle makes the clearances more pronounced in the form of noise.
Thanks for clearing that up. After installing the tb cam on my sf the ticking noise had me all worried lol

·
Registered
172 Posts
Thanks for clearing that up. After installing the tb cam on my sf the ticking noise had me all worried lol
Never had any ticking noise with a TB cam in my SF (think I was .004 / .005ish in and ex). Did have valve float above 10-10.5k though. Double valve springs took care of that ;-)

21 - 25 of 25 Posts