Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 159 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
The Grom came as red from the dealership. I picked it up today, August 21st 2013 at 15:00.

This is the actual un-crating of this bike.

Here it is in the dealership showroom next to other Hondas of the same year model as the Grom.

Here it is being hauled home in my wife's Toyota Sienna.

And here is the set of new white plastics and fender eliminator kit from Composimo. These will be the first items to be installed after a good shake-down brake-in ride to make sure there are no factory defects. So far so good on that....

·
Registered
674 Posts
I like the yellow and black one the most from seeing your drawings, its something diff idk :) maybe because of the 'rare' yellow..

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I like the yellow and black one the most from seeing your drawings, its something diff idk :) maybe because of the 'rare' yellow..
The black and yellow is growing on me. To make it work, I had to get the two black side panels and front fender. Then the only yellow bits I ordered are the two upper cowls. The rear panels are already black on the red groms. I must have the yellow wheel stripes to complete the vision, otherwise it just doesnt work.

The yellow/black scheme reminds me of my Vstrom.

yellowee.jpg black-yellow3.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Where did you get your yellow panels from? CMSNL.com has me backordered until DECEMBER on them!
Thats where I ordered mine. It said they were in stock when I ordered them but now they tell me they are delayed until "end of August". I should have bought the whole set and not just the cowls.

·
Registered
143 Posts
Thats where I ordered mine. It said they were in stock when I ordered them but now they tell me they are delayed until "end of August". I should have bought the whole set and not just the cowls.
Mine were "in stock" at the time of order, as well. The body panels were scheduled for shipment on August 13th, but have since been bumped to September 13th. The decals, which were ordered four days later (because they didn't have them all priced, until then) were originally set to ship on August 15, but then changed to August 30th, and now are scheduled for December 31st.

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I have the TT bracket but don't plan on putting it on until my low pipe comes. I removed the licence plate bracket and relocated the plate which cleans things up a little bit back there. I also removed the left bar end cap and installed an old mirror I had. The mirror base had to be cut to fit.

webIMG_1487.jpg webIMG_1493.jpg

·
Premium Member
1,753 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
About that bar end cap - The stock end cap is held on with a wicked "lock bolt". I have never seen this kind of locking fastener.

A few people have posted about how hard it is to remove this bolt without fugging up the head of the bolt. You will need an impact screwdriver to remove it and you might need someone to help you hold the bars while you whack at the end of the impact driver with a hammer.

The bolt has these helical cuts in it that are sort of barbed in the reverse direction so they grab real good. This is the reason you need the impact driver to get it loose. This also makes me think that the more you screw this bolt in and out, the more it is tearing up the threads in the hole....

webIMG_1495.jpg

1 - 20 of 159 Posts