Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Why oh Why does it not have a focused beam? It's like driving down the road with a shitty disco ball. Driving the back roads on this thing is so sketchy. /rant

Anyways, I can't imagine i'm the only one that feels this way. Anyone have any thoughts on this? I'm looking for options going forward. I don't want to do another season with this stock light...

·
Registered
112 Posts
Um, I'm not sure what you are talking about. You sure you aren't riding a 2016? My 2018 and 2019 groms are excellent at night on twisty, dark roads. Yes, I aimed mine as well (adjustment screw under the light).

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes it's a 2019, with the stupid dual headlight. The light I use on my mountain bike is better than this thing. Light scattered everywhere. The reflective housing is BAD. I'm glad you are fine with yours, but this thing is a liability on the dark back road twisties... The high beam is worthless and from what I can see, I don't have many options to make it any better. Hell, I can't even seem to find a brighter bulb in the states.

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hell, I can't even seem to find a brighter bulb in the states.
That's because it's a non removable L. E. D. I think you need to try to adjust it, all of us have great experiences with the 2019 headlight setup, it's miles better than the og grom headlight.

·
Registered
151 Posts
I had no issues with my SF headlight but i have now added some rigid LED spots underneath the headlight which are 10x brighter and throw light further. Perfect for the late nights in TN as this years crawl.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Love the headlight on my 2017, if your 2019 is as bad as you say, it is either maladjusted or defective. If you still just don't like it, there are plenty of aftermarket LED headlight bars available, the people who have them seem to like them.

·
Registered
11 Posts
my 2018 grom headlights are good but id agree with you in that they are not GREAT. Of course its going to be better than the old style halogen lights but i did ntoice that the light isnt as good as i thought for a led headlight. I dont ride at night much so its not a huge deal for me but if i did lots of night riding i would definitely be adding supplemental lighting.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts