Honda Grom banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The carrier is supported by two bolts. The upper shock mount and the supplied bolt through the left hole under the seat toward the rear - the same hole you use to bolt on the rear carrier if you have one.
The carrier is well constructed with heavy duty metal (3/8") with clean weldings. And it is completely coated with black paint.
However, when I installed it on my 2022 Monkey, the rear mounting hole did not align with the hole under the seat.
Therefore, I could not put the bolt through.
The carrier is currently supported by the upper bolt on the rear shock and the rear mounting arm is resting on the rear fender.
Given the light load I will be carrying on the side carrier, it should not come lose or cause damage to the rear fender where the support arm is touching it.
I will be either carry a 30oz bottle of extra fuel or a Takegawa bag that was purchased specifically for the side carrier.
It will come in handy when I go motocamping or on a longer trip.

But because of the fitment issue, I do not recommend this product to others.
Maybe mine is a lemon. But If I can receive a defective product, anyone can also.

Tire Fuel tank Wheel Automotive lighting Automotive tire

Tire Automotive tire Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Automotive design

Fuel tank Automotive fuel system Tire Wheel Vehicle

Automotive lighting Hood Automotive tire Motor vehicle Bumper

Attachments

·
Registered
25 Posts
Thats a bit rough on the manufacturers behalf..
I wouldnt mind betting you would be able to cut that piece of tube off and weld a washer in its place..A squirt of paint and would be like new.;)

·
Registered
157 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thats a bit rough on the manufacturers behalf..
I wouldnt mind betting you would be able to cut that piece of tube off and weld a washer in its place..A squirt of paint and would be like new.;)
I don't have the tools for cutting and welding metal. It is very well made but with a poor QC. :cry:

maybe the fuel bottle will move up and down and loosen the upper bolt of the rear shock during one of my long rides.

Now I am wondering if I should return it. The shipping cost will be too much though.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts