Honda Grom banner

21 - 24 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
I really didn't notice any change - Like the look and the sound. DId the ECU reset, really no noticeable change

The Takegawa flange sucks. About half the thickness of the Honda unit and made of soft steel.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I guess I’m the minority that loves the STD exhaust. It’s quiet and flows decent. I’m running a 170 bbk moderately ported head with stock valves. It rips and decibels are near to stock. Intake noise is a trade off for open air filter, I don’t find it obnoxious and it doesn’t take away from the riding experience. I only wish I could have found a used STD exhaust when I was looking to buy one. Loving my Takegawa STD exhaust.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Well just took the Monkey back out for a rip today with the stock exhaust back on, and without any other mods, def results in more power across the band. For those that say they don't see a difference, I just don't understand. Either you didn't log as many miles on the stock before switching to the Takegawa, or I don't know what. It's very obvious to me, and I've only put about 400 mi on my Monkey.
I put a Chimera intake on first, 13 tooth sprocket ( for woods riding), then got the Supertrapp pipe and it was quite noticeable. I picked up 4-5 mph on my track and very noticeable mid-range.

21 - 24 of 24 Posts