Honda Grom banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anybody put the Ciscosanjose catch can setup on a Monkey? It’s the takegawa with one of the lines going to a nipple on the valve cover. The cover with the nipple was hard to source in the USA. I need to relocate my Kitaco oil cooler because I had it mounted on the valve cover. I see several spots. Just wondering if anyone had any experience. It’s probably just a simple bracket fab job. Thanks.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
It works great and was one of my last mods that kept my BBK kit groms from failing was the takegawa oil catch can, and now just waiting for my custom made 4 pistons from JE pistons that are forged made for my 181-4v groms. As for the nipple on the intake cover you can buy them direct from Japanwebike website if you are running 2V engine but if you are running Takegawa 181-4v engine the valve cover comes with the nipple.

Not sure why you have to remount your oil cooler

I have not posted here in a while since I've moved on to modding the two new 2020 Benelli TNT 135 as new future project build. One of them will get the BBK kit and the other one will maybe get the 450cc engine transplant.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for getting back so quickly. The man himself, the Frankengrommer!! The cooler is mounted on the valve cover.
B2A579C8-EF35-429F-9F9C-9EDB40C54850.jpeg

·
Registered
795 Posts
If using the stock head you'll be much better of with the Grom Fatherz vented cam cover, works better than the Takegawa vented valve cover. Plus it adds bling and you'll also have no radiator bracket issue.
What's more of an issue right now is that you don't seem to have any washer under the head bolt. It broke the head bolt, makes the stud rust and most probably made the torque setting inaccurate. Get the 3 metal washers, the copper one and new head bolts asap!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
If using the stock head you'll be much better of with the Grom Fatherz vented cam cover, works better than the Takegawa vented valve cover. Plus it adds bling and you'll also have no radiator bracket issue.
What's more of an issue right now is that you don't seem to have any washer under the head bolt. It broke the head bolt, makes the stud rust and most probably made the torque setting inaccurate. Get the 3 metal washers, the copper one and new head bolts asap!
Yep, good eye. That’s getting fixed this week when I do the 186.

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It looks like my 186 kit came with 4 copper head washers. The manual only shows one on the lower right stud. Interesting. Shouldn’t matter if I use 4, I’ve been revving to 10k and riding at 9 sans problema with broken sh;t.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts