Honda Grom banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a 2017 Grom a month ago and just noticed a rattling sound from the license plate tail light housing. I took it back to the dealer today for a different adjustment and also mentioned the tail light gap issue and they told me that all the Groms and pocket bikes are like that. I feel like this should be considered a defect since it potentially exposes the wiring and the bulb to weather elements and that Honda should do something about it. Anyone have any suggestions on a fix for the gap issue without having to install a fender eliminator?

·
Registered
28 Posts
The deal is that in the United States it is illegal for a motorcycle manufacturer to produce and sell a bike without at least one defect. Since the Grom is perfect, Honda had to add that feature in order to be able to sell the bike. Yamaha and Kawasaki follow a different path, often choosing to put in defective pistons or cranks.

·
Registered
865 Posts
My buddy and I each purchased a 2017 Grom; both our bikes have the same issue: The license plate lamp housing doesn't appear to be screwed in place all the way -- there is a visible gap between the lamp housing and the rear fender assembly, with a gasket very loosely occupying about half of the gap. I have not yet arrived at a solution; I can tell you that simply tightening the mounting screws will not resolve the issue.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i snapped mine off the first nose wheelie when i came down. held on by electrical tape till i get a tidy tail. FAAAAAAAAAK

·
Registered
115 Posts
My 2019 was that way from the showroom floor. I tore off the factory tail anyway, but tightening the screws does not fix the loose plastic cover issue. Weird.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

1 - 7 of 7 Posts