Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took the advice of another forum member and got the channel locks out and gave a little bend to the blinker brackets on the tail tidy, then re installed the OEM blinkers. Worked a treat. :wink:

I also had the Power Pures installed today. The shop said they would give my V rubbers to the next kid on a scooter with no money that needs new meats. Those guys are cool like that. :smile:

I purchased a BILT modular Bluetooth helmet and have been using this RAM mount for my phone. It's working great so far.

·
Registered
335 Posts
Handsome tire, dude. Although, just before I drove mine away my salesman did say that these stock tires have a "coating" on them and to take it easy until it wears off.

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Handsome tire, dude. Although, just before I drove mine away my salesman did say that these stock tires have a "coating" on them and to take it easy until it wears off.
They told me the same thing. All tires are like that, I guess.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Yeah, when the tires are made, the manufacturers use a tire coating to ensure that they release from the molds. The manufacturers clean the tires, but there's always a slight coating left on the tire. It usually wears off after 100 or so miles.

2004 Honda 919
1978 Triumph Tiger
1989 Honda GL15 ( A work in progress...)
2014 Honda Grom ( Soon to come)

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
I took the advice of another forum member and got the channel locks out and gave a little bend to the blinker brackets on the tail tidy, then re installed the OEM blinkers. Worked a treat. :wink:

I also had the Power Pures installed today. The shop said they would give my V rubbers to the next kid on a scooter with no money that needs new meats. Those guys are cool like that. :smile:

I purchased a BILT modular Bluetooth helmet and have been using this RAM mount for my phone. It's working great so far.

Did you have to take it to a motorcycle shop? What did they charge you?

My power pures have moved from underneath my desk at work and now are in the back of my car. :-(

·
Registered
231 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Did you have to take it to a motorcycle shop? What did they charge you?

My power pures have moved from underneath my desk at work and now are in the back of my car. :-(
Yes, I have a shop I go to for stuff I don't want to do, and to repair things I mess up. I bought the tires there and get a bit of a discount for belonging to the local rider forum. The tires were $52 and $48, plus a little change. Mounting was free. :smile:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts