Honda Grom banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So long story short, I installed a DHM 186 BBK & ECU flash kit. during my wait, I replaced my chain and thoroughly cleaned both front and rear sprockets. Upon installation, I discover that my tachometer no longer functions, as in, my RPMs do not show. Additionally, when I apply throttle, my CEL turns on until I release the throttle. 😓
The bike runs beautifully otherwise...

At first I thought it was the flashed ECU, but when I tried a different stock ECU, I have the same issue. I changed to a new battery and still no fix. I double checked the tach sensor wire pin and it’s making contact with the ECU. I’m wondering if while I was cleaning my sprockets, I managed to disconnect/fry something...

I’ve tinkered so much I even managed to blow a 10 amp fuse lol (I replaced the fuse and she’s alive). At this point, I think I’m in a bit over my head, so I’m hoping there’s a few experts that can help me out.

Has anyone had this issue before, and if so, how did you fix it? Any clue where the tach sensor is?

Thanks fellas.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to double post on my own thread, but here’s an update for anyone interested or having similar issues.

Turns out, I was erroneously sent a flashed SF ECU instead of an OG ECU. This is the reason my tach wasn’t functioning. DHM has been great through this whole thing as is sending me the proper ECU. ❤

So in short, SF ECU’s do in fact function in OG model Groms, however a number of pins are different causing the tachometer to not work. Hope this clears things up for someone.

Apparently, the other stock “OG” ECU that was sold to me was not actually an OG unit, so that made things all the more confusing.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts