·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Worse than that, he is not even in the top five. :haha::haha::haha:

·
Registered
212 Posts
Feel like a lamb to the slaughter here with the encouragement here.

Some good news is the guy a get my KSR parts is building his MSX website now, I'm sure I keep him and his other half in business alone.

He's from the UK but lives in Thailand, most of my parts for my KSR have come from him and he's gone out of his way to source me parts he never had listed.
I just sent him a picture of the item then a week later he'd found it.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
FINALLY! Good of you to join us in your thread Swifty. :haha: Can't wait to see what you have in store.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Not going insane on the engine it'll just be 150, already spent a ridiculous amount of money on my 178cc KSR, I'm blaming Takegawa mainly for that one.

So 150cc, cam, bigger throttle bodies, piggy back ECU and a bigger valves for the head.

I could have my exhaust (think you call it a muffler) sorted soon which will be a low level with a R6 Acro slip on can.

·
Registered
212 Posts
Mine is going to be doing a fair few miles so needs to be fairly reliable.

Can't spend to much on this bike as I want to finish the 2 KSR's and the Dax wide boy this year, next year the MSX will be getting a real make over.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Well truth be told I am going to focus on suspension and cosmetics before I dig into the engine.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Never happen, I'll just pop for some stiffer springs, pour in a bit thicker oil (prob 10 wt) and install a better shock.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Let us know how that goes. It would never work here in the states.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
If they refuse to fix I'll withhold payment until they do.
This made me laugh out loud. I think if I find the forks soft I'd go for preload spacer bigger than the stock ones first, then oil.

Springs next, when they become avaiable.

Swifty, is it that they are soft while riding or just under breaking and over large bumps? What do you hunk of the damping in the rear?

Dont forget, the former the front forks the harder brakies become.

·
Registered
212 Posts
There a bit soft on riding, but when you hit some poor road surface or under hard braking they bottom out and I expect there nay going to get worse.

First opinion of the rear is it seems pretty good but might be that my focus is on the soft forks.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
There a bit soft on riding, but when you hit some poor road surface or under hard braking they bottom out and I expect there nay going to get worse.

First opinion of the rear is it seems pretty good but might be that my focus is on the soft forks.
Spunds like more pre load and higher oil volume or higher weight oil for us heavy guys. Not a problem. That's a quick fix.

swifty I'm sure you need to fix the front before understanding the rear.

1 - 20 of 51 Posts