- Kitaco Axle Shafts
- Michelin tires

Engine
- Mtake intake
- HMF low mount exhaust
- DynoJet PCV

Appearance

- Stripped

It's been slightly crashed, so some things will need replacing, such as rearsets, axles, etc. For now the goal is to get it cleaned up and working properly, then take it to dealer for fuel pump recall.

I'm also changing the HMF low mount to a more tolerable sounding exhaust, the Mivv High-Mount, as I want a more quiet bike. I've got the Wideband 2 in a box as well for the PCV, which will be going on along with the new exhaust.

This is my second Grom (first one was stolen). Still debating on what to do with motor. I will definitely change the cam out to a performance cam, I had a DCR on my previous Grom which worked great. Also considering the Super 125 kit from Ren Motoworks as well as potentially the Kitaco Neo 164cc, if I decide to go big bore. For now, not a priority. Will get to that at end of winter.

Will update the thread as things move along.

·
Registered
118 Posts
i need to start a build page also... maybe next week lol.

nice build though. i like the naked look.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
i need to start a build page also... maybe next week lol.

nice build though. i like the naked look.
I like it too but probably not a good idea to run without lights/plates/signals. I think I'll go for a supermoto look as I'm putting it together..

Started this thread partly to keep track of all the things I do to it.

Koso Cam is where its at............
Thanks, I'll check it out.

·
Registered
8,271 Posts
Go Takegawa 181-4v, Aracer mini-2+, Koso 34mm-10 hole F/I, 16/32 sprocket, external oil cooler, Kitaco clutch side cover, SMS clutch and springs, Crank Case oil catcher and you are good to go.

I have two Takegawa's 181-4v groms and they haul balls way better than my old 170-2v or 183-2v using the old PCV-WB02 setup.

Learning curve is mapping the fuel using the Aracer.

Biggest plus on any BBK kit is doing your porting and intake pipe port matched to the head that is used.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Go Takegawa 181-4v, Aracer mini-2+, Koso 34mm-10 hole F/I, 16/32 sprocket, external oil cooler, Kitaco clutch side cover, SMS clutch and springs, Crank Case oil catcher and you are good to go.

I have two Takegawa's 181-4v groms and they haul balls way better than my old 170-2v or 183-2v using the old PCV-WB02 setup.

Learning curve is mapping the fuel using the Aracer.

Biggest plus on any BBK kit is doing your porting and intake pipe port matched to the head that is used.
I want to retain stock bore or be close to it.

I know the Aracer is great and that's what I'd go with if I was starting from scratch, but I already have the PCV and WB2 kit, so might as well use it.

Got the MIVV exhaust from MNNTHBX, seems like a great quality. Going to be removing the HMF and selling it.

·
Registered
394 Posts
I want to retain stock bore or be close to it.

I know the Aracer is great and that's what I'd go with if I was starting from scratch, but I already have the PCV and WB2 kit, so might as well use it.

Got the MIVV exhaust from MNNTHBX, seems like a great quality. Going to be removing the HMF and selling it.

100% with you on the stock bore thing. The super stock kit is pretty appealing, IMO. There's also the 133, 143, and 164 kits. I'm in the same boat as you.

Also, sending you a PM!

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Fitted the MIVV exhaust with MNTTHBX header.

Almost as quiet as stock yet very free flowing. Not the best looking IMO, but it's very practical and well made (in Italy).

Hooked up the PCV as well. What a disaster. Half the wires are way too long, the stupid wire nuts on the WBC2 are infinitely worse than an actual connector, and the gauge literally has the PCB exposed to open air, so any sort of waterproofing is out of the question.

I've had a Dobeck AFR+ before this and honestly it seems like it was better built for the Grom, maybe because the PCV is a very universal device whereas the AFR+ is bike specific.

Sent from my LEX727 using Tapatalk

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My ghetto fab gauge mount.

Tune is a little off in some areas but overall decent. Need to get the hang of the Dynojet software.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I've been very busy, but still making decent progress.

Added motard fender.
MIVV exhaust is in with MNNTHBX header.
Fixed & adjusted rearsets.
Added TDM headlight.
Added NOI gel seat.

It's almost rideable.

I ran into an issue with RPM gauge mount. I have the SteadyGarage Fatbar mounts and they are way too wide to fit the RPM mount, so it looks like I'll have to look for stock width mounts for my Fatbars.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks!

Went for a shakedown run in the hills. A license plate and rear turn signals would be nice to have since I need to bring it to the dealer for the fuel pump service.

·
Registered
701 Posts
Curious what you think about the TDM headlight, I have a Euro Grom which has that light and I hate how the beam is being ''cut''.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Curious what you think about the TDM headlight, I have a Euro Grom which has that light and I hate how the beam is being ''cut''.
Yeah, they're shitty but look nice. I'm planning to do AC-DC conversion (either via wire tap method or rectifier) and then fit a low power LED bulb in there.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Plastics mounted! I also replaced my ghetto fab O2 gauge mount zipties with a proper mount from Race Proven Motors.

Need to do a shakedown run to make sure nothing falls apart then book the fuel pump recall.

·
Registered
2,373 Posts
do yourself and the dealer a favor. Take all the tank plastics off before dropping it off for the fuel pump recall. They will love you as it will make it very easy on them and you wont end up with scratched plastics and you can check all the work done on the fuel pump install.

·
Registered
507 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Recall complete and bike is registered!

I rode it around the highway for a bit and at 65ish it feels pretty unstable over bumps. Need to play around with the tire pressure on the Michelins so that it doesn't get thrown around as much.

In celebration, here is a pic of my corgi on my Grom:
26070363_327369984416057_1425146251338317824_n.jpg

1 - 20 of 30 Posts