Honda Grom banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
Grom in Disguise
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all. New to these engines. Not new to minis or wrenching. Been working with Honda minis since before I could drive. Just recently made my first “big boy” purchase. 2019 Super Cub. Technically it’s used, but with only 300 miles on the clock when I bought it it certainly ain’t broke in yet. Largest sum I’ve spent on a vehicle, that includes the quirky heaps that usually get me from place to place, and I honestly couldn’t be happier! Stupid fun for all the more it is haha!

So what do I have in store for this bike? Well the first thing is any and all thing I do will be reversible. I’m gonna hold on to all the stock parts just in case I have the bike still a few decades on and want to “restore” it. Now that being said, I’m not holding back otherwise. The first few things I intend to do are all gonna cater to my 6’+ frame. Long seat. Fiddle with foot peg locations. Probably get rid of the heel-toe shifter as I find the only thing it does well is downshift. I’m not a machinist by trade, but my family has a small hobby machine shop with a Bridgeport and a Logan lathe, so I may do some fab work as I see fit. Toying with finding a riding position closer to that of the Grom to give a slightly more sporty feel. The pegs right now are fixed and stick out to far to really get aggressive in turns😁

so yeah. Ciao!

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
163 Posts
You should make a build thread when you start the mods. The cub has always had that "cool" factor going for it. Definitely want to see your upgrades and opinions.
I saw that Honda listened to the compaints and put a long seat on the upcoming new model. Welcome to the addiction and the forum.

·
Registered
955 Posts
Your super Cub should perform similar to a Grom as it's curb weight is only 12 pounds heavier, and the larger diameter wheels with thinner tires likely have less rolling resistance. :)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts