Honda Grom banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys! I am from spain.
Mine monkey atm has the follow mods:
Takegawa rs exhaust,dcr r2 cam 003in 004ex, dhm piston, Db intake or stock intake with rad hose and takegawa panel filter depends weather, super oil pump takegawa clutch cover 4th bearing.
Cjr tune.

Future mods i would like:
Ported head, 34mm TB and intake manifold.
Do you guys still have advice?

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
I have very similar mods, both CJR and DHM recommended I step away from a flashed ecu and get an Aracer. You might want to budget for that. Also DB sells a coupler so that you can run his regular intake with the 34mm throttle body. No way a 125cc needs more air than the regular intake provides.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Cool i would like to go your route as well thinking of the a racer , or smr from cjr.
but for a bit more a racer it will be i gues..
i removed db intake atm put stock box with 38hose and panel filter no difference i noticed yeah less noise lol. How do you like the Dhm head? Saw also the grom fatherz one dunno

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
So far it has been okay, a lot of valve adjustments though. Kinda has me worried, but they are lasting a little longer everytime so maybe the heat cycling is just moving things around a bit.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I also got alot of valve noise and I adjusted alot of times.. it worries me a bit but seems normal i guess sometimes I thought timing was wrong. I did 003in 004ex even 003 and 003 makes same noise. maybe valve lash caps will help a bit

·
Super Moderator
2020 Honda Grom
1,339 Posts
I have the lash caps as well, the noise when adjusted right is not too bad. Of course, the Hindle exhaust covers most other noises. I have over 3000 miles on the head. Probably adjusted them 5 or 6 times.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Today i gonna install some new toys hehe
But got a question how much chain slack do you guys do with manual cam chain tensionar?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts