Honda Grom banner

Suga's monkey Tha Dirty Banana

19K views 89 replies 23 participants last post by  Ninelives17 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got my exhaust in from Mnnthbx.... Few upgrades going on today on this rainy saturday. Just removed the stock heavy exhaust.

#3 ·
Well this thing sounds awesome and fit and finish really complements the whole bike. Plus more power and less weight. Now waiting for the right intake setup. Come on my man Greg @ MNNTHBX. Also removed the rear factory fender and mounted the plate up nice and easy.

Attachments

#10 ·
Went ahead and swapped out the stock tires for a more aggressive look. Maxxis 130’s front and rear. Got to say I love the look. Hopefully I can find time to ride this soon. Shot out to my buddy Dave @ FX Motorsports for the tires and install. If your a local to New Orleans. Definitely give him a call with any of your needs. Stand up guy and a genuine person. Hopefully I can figure out what to do next. Really waiting on a air box delete package. And still haven’t found the right turn signals that I like best. Trying to keep the chrome accents on it. To keep the old school look.

Attachments

#14 ·
Frame plugs came in today. Slapped them in and was ready to go take a ride. Unfortunately for me the bike won’t start. Tried starting fluid. Plenty of spark. Full of fuel. No boom. So off to the dealership. Only 27 miles and my first problem. Hopefully it’s the fuel pump. Weird because you can clearly hear it when you turn the key on. Or maybe the ecm took a shit. I checked the fuses. All are good. Either way will post updates soon as I have them. Here’s a pic of the frame plug and 130 front tire

Attachments

#16 ·
So far still not fixed. Called and asked about fuel I use and stuff. Spark check, compression check, plenty of fuel check, turn the key hit the button no boom. Turns over and over. Hopefully it’s a minor issue. Doesn’t seem to be. But it is what it is

#20 ·
Almost sounds the old days of the first Grom in the USA, some grom owners for got to turn ON the right handle switch. I would start checking the wire bundle that goes to the throttle body to make sure all the connectors are connected secure to the throttle body, F/I, throttle position sensor, etc.

Good Luck

#22 ·
Collapsed rings on the piston. Seems all the rings were in the exact same place. So the gap was letting the pressure through. And they replaced the complete top end. My dad went and picked it up. Jumped straight on the interstate. 70 mph all the way to his house. Said it ran like a top. One way to break in the new parts ��

#29 ·
So this past weekend was the big easy weekender 12. It’s a local scooter rally put together by some local clubs. I usually get out and join the fun. So here is some updated photos. And the Brocks intake is worth the money. Clean setup and big Preformance. Here’s a couple of photos of my bikes. The red monkey belongs to a guy across the lake. My dad rode the monkey Saturday and I rode my Grom. Hopefully I can get the lights on next few days. Pops kept the bike and I couldn’t pry it out of his hands, said he loved it. And I must agree that it’s sooooo comfortable. That seat must be a temperedic material. Man that thing is cushy.

Attachments

#31 ·
Hey Sean, hopefully Dad gave your bike back, I'm curious how those tires act on the street? As far as noise or if they make it kinda jiggy,twitchy,...I want a set bad...like to play in the trails anyway...but it's on the road alot too...It really does look like Z50 on steroids with those tires!! nice job man!!!...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.