Honda Grom banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Heyyyy, I need a little guidance... I am planning to get a Grom and wanna learn/work on stunting. If i get an eliminator will that prevent the use of a subcage and vice versa? if anything what subcage does one recommend? I happen to see a set on FB with StunAholix that has both a crash cage and Subcage but don't know if it would work with a TST industry fender eliminator kit.. just some thoughts would be helpful :)

·
Registered
695 Posts
Subcage will most likely bolt on top of the fender eliminator such as the one by TST. Most dudes probably don't run any sort of fender eliminator at all, and just jerry rig their license plate to the subcage.

·
Registered
695 Posts
I don't really see the point of having a crash cage on your Grom other than to protect your rear brake lever and shift lever. I am running the Sato Racing steering stoppers so my handle bars can act as my crash cage. It seems like the crash cage will do more damage to your engine and frame when the bike pancakes over. I'd much rather get replacement plastics and foot controls than cracked engine case.

The reinforced stunt rearsets with solid foot pegs will solve the problem of your rear brake lever and shift lever getting damaged. If you decide to get a 12 bar, I've seen ones that run all the way down to either the swingarm bolt or rear set area. You def want something like that because the grom subframe is just two thin walled tubes. You also def want the subframe brace that goes into those said tubes.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Definitely not into jerry rigging anything... don’t like messy work. But good to know! Doing my homework thanks! 🙂

·
Registered
695 Posts
Definitely not into jerry rigging anything... don’t like messy work. But good to know! Doing my homework thanks! 🙂
I have a zeuz subcage bolted on to sandwich a TST fender eliminator. They'll share the rear mounting bolts. I have a washer to space out the subcage at the forward mounting bolts. Hope this makes sense.

If you use a basic fender eliminator bracket, you could probably bolt it under the subcage and not need any spacers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts