Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi,

since my upgrade to Yuminashi 164cc kit, where cam has no decompression feature, the starter of my grom mostly had a hard time and sometimes needed a second click on the starter button.
thats gone now, i have installed a wemoto high performace starter and my MSX starts at the first press of the button now, without any hesitations.
have it from ebay - Honda MSX 125 Grom 2013-2014 Starter Motor High Performance | eBay
but wemoto also has a webshop - The UK?s biggest choice of motorcycle parts for Japanese and European machines.

·
Registered
592 Posts
hmmm. thats cool, i wonder if this will help with the load on the battery?! to bad its NOT us ebay. How was the install?

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no batterie upgrade and install went well. you have to remove side fairing to access starter, remove + cable and the 2 mountingscrews of the starter, where on the back one also groundcable is attached.
then, from the left side of the bike with a rubber mallet with light targeted hits on the starter, to push it out.
grease the axle of the new one and hammer it with the mallet into its position. be carefull and look that toothwork fits.
done.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
yes, you can do this if you are knowledgeable, i prefer to buy

the starter is sealed and not easy to dismantle. i think its a disposable product and not really built to be repaired

·
Registered
1,077 Posts
Bump this up. I've been thinking about getting a upgraded starter as it seems like it doesn't crank fast enough. How's the starter working out?

i don't think any venders offer a starter yet though.

·
Registered
164 Posts
TB has sent the dimensions off to his guys overseas. I have been in contact with him a couple times a week to get updated on everything. I'm not sure when this will be completed.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
You must be on a compression stroke every time you try and start it. Ive gone through several BBK's and I notice when it doesn't want to turn over I just bump the starter button to move the crank and then go for it again and its fine. I think alot of people push the starter button down till it just cranks which inst that good for your wiring.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
You must be on a compression stroke every time you try and start it. Ive gone through several BBK's and I notice when it doesn't want to turn over I just bump the starter button to move the crank and then go for it again and its fine. I think alot of people push the starter button down till it just cranks which inst that good for your wiring.
i do'nt think so, i think most people simply do not want and need to start twice every time

·
Registered
100 Posts
I just asked question about the stronger starter motor on their eBay page, it's weird they replied me there's only regular stock starter motor they sell...

1 - 20 of 27 Posts