Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
I just run lights...if nobody I around...screw it. Curious if those magnent things work too.

·
Registered
236 Posts
Sometimes honking the horn a little works.... Or maybe I just think it does.

·
Registered
33 Posts
I ordered some neodymium magnets yesterday, I should get those magnets this week. I'll let you guy know if it works. For now, I only turn right!

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
i rarely have that problem where i live since i never go into town and there are no other stop lights in my whole county lol but when i goto Asheville or Charlotte.. it suxs.. i just run them after a minute or so.. or go right and do a u-turn.. stupid lights..

·
Registered
386 Posts
If noone is comming from either way just go through it. Your not going tonget into trouble. Most places have sensore in the roads for stoplights now a days. And there is not a motorcycly heavy enough to trip the sensors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
281 Posts
When I lived in Raleigh, nc every light was sensor. Yes those magnets work. They simple give the bike a bigger foot print. Well worth the $15-$19

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
Virginia has a law that if a motorcycle does not trip the light you can turn if you have waited two minutes and it is safe to proceeded.

·
Registered
111 Posts
It's not weight...

Does the magnet really work? Might have to order some. I live in a small town... next to another small town... inside of a large town. We have our own police departments and they create a LOT of revenue with tickets. Last night I took a right instead of waiting for someone to show up. Then I took a U-Turn, then another right, then went around the block to get where I was going. The cop followed me all the way from the first right until I pulled into the grocery store.

He's probably the only DWG or Pantego cop that hasn't seen my big ass on this bike. I had one of the cops from my town pull up next to me so he could trigger the light for me the other day, but those guys know me from riding the Z50's. :)

·
Registered
386 Posts
BS it not weight. Most DOT traffic light systems have sensors in the road for the first vehicle to pull up to trip. Here in my town a vehicle pulls up and 9p seconds later it changes. All of Minnesota is getting like this. So is north Dakota and I'm sure were not the only ones. They also use the sensors to see traffic patterns.

Read about "inductive loop" sensor.
http://auto.howstuffworks.com/car-driving-safety/safety-regulatory-devices/question234.htm

Sent from my MB865 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
172 Posts
our lights in wisco go off magnetics The more steel on the bike it will trip the light or people using the magnets helps. My busa will trip some lights and not otheres so here after about a minute or so you can run the light legally

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
LOL. Heavy Enough???????

Weight has nothing to do with it.

My old Vespas have no problem tripping the lights, they are only 12" off the ground and all metal is why.

--Id like to hear about the magnets. Yes running red is ok if the light doesnt turn, but the cop that hasnt seen you sit through 2 light changes doesnt know that.

If noone is comming from either way just go through it. Your not going tonget into trouble. Most places have sensore in the roads for stoplights now a days. And there is not a motorcycly heavy enough to trip the sensors.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I497 using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
170 Posts
Try throwing your kickstand down over the sensor. There's usually enough ferrous material in them to disrupt the field around the inductive coil to make them trigger. If that doesn't work, blow the light like the rest of us. :D

1 - 20 of 24 Posts