Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
531 Posts
I will probably attend, but not on a Grom. Looking forward to seeing and meeting some of you Grommers there :thumbsup

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I'll see what I can do about going as a spectator. I don't have riding pants or shoes yet, and still rolling stock tires. I'm definitely not track ready. I have some dirt bike pants that'd work I guess, but still don't have riding shoes/boots. I'll probably wait until next summer for the track to be honest. My overtime season starts in August and that's when I'll be able to start saving up for all that. I'll try to be there. With a wife and kids, my free time is never set in stone haha. There's been a few times I wanted to go and never made it :-(

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
You don't have to go out in full track gear, last time a friend that was solely into dirt bikes before he got his grom went out in a sweater and regular shoes, of course he wasent hauling ads but he still got the chance to get some real practice at riding on pavement. I would bring the grom even if you plan on just spectating, you never know, the temptation to hit the track may just be too much to resist!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
You don't have to go out in full track gear, last time a friend that was solely into dirt bikes before he got his grom went out in a sweater and regular shoes, of course he wasent hauling ads but he still got the chance to get some real practice at riding on pavement. I would bring the grom even if you plan on just spectating, you never know, the temptation to hit the track may just be too much to resist!
If I go (probably), I'll ride the Grom for sure. Definitely wont ride the track until I have bottom half gear and new tires. I won't ride track on those tires. I had shoulder surgery on February 9th from a dirt bike accident, and I want to minimize any chance of falling on my shoulder. It's a mess in there (in shoulder) and falling on it will make it a million times worse. I'll still ride out there, but not until I have better tires to reduce chances of falling. I definitely want to go watch though. I live close enough to ride the Grom there. I actually work right across the street (literally), and I ride to work almost every day.

·
Registered
531 Posts
To those that are interested in attending a track day, have no to not much track experience, I HIGHLY recommend wearing appropriate gear. I don't have a pic of my retired leather suit, but I can tell you it has scuffs all over. You WILL crash. It's not a matter of if, it's when. Part of the learning experience is pushing, learning what your riding limitations are based on your current riding experience, but at the same time, learning what bike you are riding is capable of and understanding it's limitations as well. Trust me, you do NOT want to go down wearing gear that is NOT appropriate for a track environment. Medical bills will be way more expensive than what you would pay wearing the appropriate gear. That said, there is sufficient gear available for those on a tight budget. Moreover, some of the best deals are buying used brand name gear as well.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
bring $40 with you, just never know if the urge to get out and ride will come up, not everyone out there is pushing hard. Track opens at 8. See you all out there!

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Next track day I believe is the 311st of this month! They also are putting on a race event for groms that we may participate in, 30$ to race 40$ for the open track days.

Here is a video from this last Track day. My friend Kelly filming, James has the yellow rims and I'm in the white suit. Our friend Jake even went put, he's the one without the suit. He's got some great footage of me knee down on the grom on stock vee rubbers starts at 530 but the whole video is cool.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The 31st MIGHT get cancelled since it's the track managers birthday. Not sure yet. I'll let you know when I know for sure.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
The 31st MIGHT get cancelled since it's the track managers birthday. Not sure yet. I'll let you know when I know for sure.
FYI, this is not cancelled. It's Allen's birthday, but he decided to open the track for his birthday. His wife is working on setting something up so we get to ride and Allen still gets a birthday. I think she's planning a potluck at the track or something. I'll let you know when/if I hear more.

Again, the 31st is still happening, it's NOT cancelled. See you all there (I hope, with kids and all, things have a way of coming up and ruing my plans haha).

Reactions: Manimal

·
Registered
99 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
FYI, this is not cancelled. It's Allen's birthday, but he decided to open the track for his birthday. His wife is working on setting something up so we get to ride and Allen still gets a birthday. I think she's planning a potluck at the track or something. I'll let you know when/if I hear more.

Again, the 31st is still happening, it's NOT cancelled. See you all there (I hope, with kids and all, things have a way of coming up and ruing my plans haha).
So glad he's still opening the gates! Sunday is coming fast

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Track day coming up August 20th.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
This got moved to Sunday the 21st. I guess something else is happening at the fairgrounds on the 20th and they're forced to reschedule.

Reactions: Manimal
1 - 20 of 35 Posts