Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Thanks for sharing the comparison with us. Man that sure sound very nice, at least it has a bark on the Grom now. Still have not decided yet to get one yet do to California stupid law.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Great video. Just what I was looking for. Love the sound of the Yosh but like everything, it is a compromise and I am not sure I want the added volume.

·
Registered
674 Posts
more volume to me is more safety so def a + on this exhaust!

btw i hear ppl say that there is a baffle inside, is that a thingy that reduces the sound level.. meaning that if you take it out it will go louder?:smile:

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
Less volume allows me to sneak the F out of my house and be gone before anyone realizes. :)

It also allows me to repeatedly blast down canyon roads without the locals calling the popo.

·
Registered
674 Posts
Less volume allows me to sneak the F out of my house and be gone before anyone realizes. :)

It also allows me to repeatedly blast down canyon roads without the locals calling the popo.
fair enough :D

btw, I would love to see a drive by, if you guys can't get enough of filming our :redgrom:!

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
more volume to me is more safety so def a + on this exhaust!

btw i hear ppl say that there is a baffle inside, is that a thingy that reduces the sound level.. meaning that if you take it out it will go louder?:smile:
The last line in the manual says. Note: 3mm Hex L-Key is provided to remove/install sound insert.

We found a plus toward the end of the exhaust and saw a hex nut. We removed the hex nut, but never could figure out how to remove the sound insert.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Ok just called yoshi, and he said we were doing the correct thing.. but the insert is a bit tight. He recommend using some lube and rocking it side to side to remove it.

But he also said that, you lose performance when it is removed because it reduces back pressure. He recommend leaving it installed.

·
Registered
236 Posts
The sound is just right with it in. It sounds like a proper "Thumper" I don't know if I would even bother taking it out aside from just a comparison. When lkwan gets his, maybe we can do a side by side with and without the silencer.

I will get some video today of what it sounds like on the road under load.

·
Registered
8,407 Posts
thanks for the video

I'm staying stock since the cops in San Jose, Bay area like to ticket you with loud pipes esp when I ride my Harleys and don't even try it down at Fisherman's wharf San Francisco, known area for SFPD giving out tickets to Harley riders with loud pipes.

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Who has a service manual? can someone look up the MFC spec for the torque needed for the bolt on the header?

We didn't know what the value was suppose to be so we guessed at 15 pounds

1 - 20 of 54 Posts