Honda Grom banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all, I picked up a used Grom a few weeks back with Takegawa 4 valve 181cc kit in it. I was looking for a new project to tinker with and since I’ve had so much fun with the Monkey I thought why not.

It’s a little untidy but has had heaps spent on it and I felt it was a good deal. I started stripping it down for a thorough cleaning, checking of all the previous work and the addition of more upgrades.

Will keep you updated as it progresses 👍

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Plastics cleaned and detailed, Kitaco smoked blinker lens set fitted and DRL disable mod done.

Got a few more weeks before my Webike order ships due to one part being out of stock so will get stuck into cleaning the rest of the bike and tiding up some of the wiring from previous upgrades.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Webike order finally arrived and I have the engine closed up and running again.
Still need to get the catch can installed before refitted the fairings but I have been riding it around naked while playing around with the adjustments for the speedo and fuel controller.

Attachments

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The 181cc with the 4 valve head sure has a power increase over the Monkey engine.
These are the changes to the Monkey.
2019 Monkey in Red with ABS - Engine: Takegawa 143cc BBK / Takegawa N-20 Camshaft / CJR 110cc Fuel Injector / Hotlap Trail Exhaust / Takegawa Catch Can / Takegawa Vented Tappet Cover / DIY Air Intake / DIY Lightened Oil Spinner / Kitaco Clutch Lifter & Springs / Takegawa Super Oil Pump / Takegawa Magnetic Drain Bolt / Takegawa Crank Support Bearing / Takegawa Cam Chain Tensioner Arm / Kitaco Tensioner Cap / DIY Gear Shifter Linkage / G-Craft Spindle Holder - Electrics: CJR SMR ECU / Takegawa Hyper Ignition Coil / Takegawa Tachometer - Gearing: OEM 15T x 34T - Chassis: Hurricane Fender Eliminator / G-Craft Spools / DIY Frame Plugs / Kijima Horn Relocation - Suspension: Motul 20w Fork Oil / Minimoto 20% Stiffer Shocks - Brakes: HEL Performance Braided Brake Lines - Controls: Shift Up Handlebars / Kitaco Super Throttle / Kijima Honda Style Grips

• Love
Reactions: Darmie
1 - 7 of 7 Posts