I'm going to buy steering damper like this :
Do i need mount to install it ?
if so do you have any link for mount ?
thank you

Damper.jpg

·
Registered
44 Posts
G-Craft from Webike, or YSS from one of the many Thai sellers. Don't bother with CR Racing or similar mounts that have a single thin rod holding the damper - they flex a lot and will give you a twitchy front end when running high damping.

·
Registered
255 Posts
you have mounting brackets for 1 1/8 bars ??
MNNTHBX has their own proprietary 1-1/8" bar mount that the Scott's damper will bolt directly on to.

i personally run this setup with the Renthal Fat Bars and could not be happier with the clean, functional and solid install. Even the Scott's frame side mount that MNNTHBX provides is far superior to the multi piece one sold elsewhere as you won't have problems with the bolts backing out.

·
Registered
44 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hello everybody. I start today at this forum.
Question: Somebody know the length size steering damper that I need to buy?

·
Registered
168 Posts
Just installed a replica scotts steering damper, super high quality, exact copy and comes with anodized aluminum bracket as well. See: ⛔★ Just install a scotts replica steering damper, I give it A++
Please don't buy nock offs. Not only is the quality questionable but the design was STOLEN. Now put yourself in Scott's shoes. How would you like all of the years hard work and building your brand only to have it STOLEN by unethical bastards?

The folks at Scott's are fantastic. Their machinist commutes on a Grom because it improves his smooth and lowers his lap times on the track. And the damper? My Grom with Ohlins and a Scott's Steering Damper is super stable at speed.

I'll pay for quality, especially when my life may depend on it and the karma is a no brainer.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Please don't buy nock offs. Not only is the quality questionable but the design was STOLEN. Now put yourself in Scott's shoes. How would you like all of the years hard work and building your brand only to have it STOLEN by unethical bastards?

The folks at Scott's are fantastic. Their machinist commutes on a Grom because it improves his smooth and lowers his lap times on the track. And the damper? My Grom with Ohlins and a Scott's Steering Damper is super stable at speed.

I'll pay for quality, especially when my life may depend on it and the karma is a no brainer.
Was thinking GPR… but too much confusion on if the V4 is compatible with my 2018. Can you recommend a Scott product just looking to reduce headshake on parkways, grooved pavement and bridges. Thanks!

1 - 12 of 12 Posts