Honda Grom banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Before leaving for Vegas this labor day weekend I decided to drop my bike off with Jimmy and Kevin at Steady Garage to fab up a custom exhaust for me.

I always liked the natural angle of the tail and the stock rear sets so I wanted to do something along those lines. I also didn't like the stock location and the closeness to the tail so I decided to have them do something down low below the rear sets.

Dealing with them is exactly how it should be with any fabricator painless and exactly what you want. Their customer service is top notch, I was constantly getting texts the entire weekend with progress of the exhaust. If I didn't like the position or the angle they would change it. Steady Garage is very passionate about their work and striving to deliver exactly what you want and they won't let anything they build leave the shop until it meets their strict standards.

So now, on to some photos.

Motor vehicle Vehicle Auto part Automotive tire Motorcycle

Tire Vehicle Automotive tire Auto part Wheel

Pretty slick little mounting point for the exhaust hanger.

Auto part Vehicle Car Engine Automotive exterior

As for the materials. The tubing is all stainless, tig welded by them. The muffler was actually an exhaust for a GY6 motor I believe. I happen to see it in their display case and liked the look of it. I also liked the fact that it had a removable baffle/silencer. When I make a couple videos tonight I'll pull the baffle out and have some detailed photos of it.

·
Registered
78 Posts
That is an insanely badass piece of art! Can't wait to hear it! Ballpark cost if you don't mind?

Sent from my DROID RAZR HD using HondaGrom.net mobile app

·
Registered
173 Posts
Wow that looks GOOD!

·
Premium Member
452 Posts
Sexy! Only low mount I've seen that I like. Care to share approximately how much they charged?

Does this shop plan on selling these? If not they should, bet they'd sell a lot of them.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

·
Registered
530 Posts
Best exhaust I've seen. Also took notice of those slick sliders, want 'em.

·
Registered
539 Posts
View attachment 2750

View attachment 2751

View attachment 2752

As for the materials. The tubing is all stainless, tig welded by them. The muffler was actually an exhaust for a GY6 motor I believe. I happen to see it in their display case and liked the look of it. I also liked the fact that it had a removable baffle/silencer. When I make a couple videos tonight I'll pull the baffle out and have some detailed photos of it.
This is a good post!

Any chance they are making more?

·
Registered
328 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Got some Videos uploaded, if the sound quality sucks my apologies. filmed with an iphone 5

1 - 20 of 22 Posts