Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 217 Posts

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I started this thread so we can share tips on different sprocket sizes and links to companies who sell them for the Grom.

·
Registered
66 Posts
PMPsprockets Motorcycle Sprockets Custom motorcycle sprockets will be my go to. Local company that makes pretty much any size/color for any bike... they use to sponsor me when I was racing. GREAT products and GREAT people!!!

Update!!! I ordered them on Monday, and they were ready to pick up the Tuesday! Didn't know which color I wanted so I figured it would be easy to tell them apart. I got a +2, -1, and -2 in anticipation of picking up some more power soon. Custom sprocket and less than 24 hour turn around!!! :in love:

IMG_20131008_204142_054.jpg IMG_20131008_204214_933.jpg

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
This will be helpful. Am I the only one thinking of lowering the gear ratio? Seems like everyone is talking about adding a tooth to the front. I am thinking I will enjoy it more with a couple of teeth added to the rear.

·
Registered
1,283 Posts
This will be helpful. Am I the only one thinking of lowering the gear ratio? Seems like everyone is talking about adding a tooth to the front. I am thinking I will enjoy it more with a couple of teeth added to the rear.
Yes, likely down one or two on the back. But I have to ride it first.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
I fear it will be a slow lumber dog with lower gearing. Might get to a higher top speed but will take all day to get there. Besides, I am fortunate in that I don't need more than 50 mph for any road within ten miles.

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
From what I understand, the speed sensor pick up is on the transmission, not on the front wheel so any change in sprocket size will mess up the accuracy of the speedometer.

Just something to keep in mind.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
From what I understand, the speed sensor pick up is on the transmission, not on the front wheel so any change in sprocket size will mess up the accuracy of the speedometer.

Just something to keep in mind.
I had different sprockets on my CBr600F4i and I remember the speedo read 10 mph faster.

·
Registered
2,446 Posts
Coming from riding Rucks a lot you learn the mechanical speedos are incredibly inaccurate, ill probably pick up a bar mount for my phone until I figure out the mph to rpm ratio
I've never felt comfortable mounting my phone on my ruck. I do everything on my phone and if it fell and broke I'd be pissed lol. Any mounts you suggest?

·
Registered
12 Posts
I think a 140/70 12 would perk up your top end just ever so slightly without sacrificing much on the bottom and no hastle of re gearing.

·
Registered
3,067 Posts
I think a 140/70 12 would perk up your top end just ever so slightly without sacrificing much on the bottom and no hastle of re gearing.
That was going to be one of the first things I did, bump up to a 140 on the rear for an extra mph or two and also to give it a fatter rear end

Im wondering how a 110/70 would look on the front

·
Registered
4,049 Posts
So will a 150/180 kit. LOL. Your idea might be a great option for me as I want to install soft sticky tires anyway, why not go up just a tad bigger?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I'd buy a smaller set and a bigger set. That way I can just swap em up if I want to go on a road trip!

·
Registered
530 Posts
Stockers are 15/34 ... anyone running +1/-2 in the UK yet?

The calculator thing shows an increase of 9 mph at 7000 rpm in 4th gear. I'm wondering about launch and acceleration curves.

1 - 20 of 217 Posts