Honda Grom banner

61 - 80 of 108 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Went with the 35 and new chain(108 links).I like it,it use to want to die on take off ,now no problem.I found the sprocket didn't fit tight around the wheel flange.Put blue painters tape around inside of sprocket and torqued it down,removed tape and now have a chain that has same slack at any point ,I love this Grom!

·
Registered
168 Posts
My bike's setup with a Bazzaz, MNNTHBX intake, DCR cam, Yosh exhaust and Kitaco clutch cover. The 35 tooth rear sprocket and a new DID chain from MNNTHBX were the last bit of polish for the drive train, perfect! I tried a 14 tooth Sunstar, as pointed out earlier it just revs out too fast. With the 15/35 the bike pulls hard in the hills and still gives you decent cruising speed on the flats.

·
Registered
148 Posts
That should give you about 69/70mph hitting the stock rev limiter(9200). The speedo will still read 73/74mph because the speed is read out of the transmission before the sprockets. You can buy a speedo healer to correct it if you want it accurate.
Thanks for the info. 69/70 is fast for this fun little bike.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
148 Posts
That should give you about 69/70mph hitting the stock rev limiter(9200). The speedo will still read 73/74mph because the speed is read out of the transmission before the sprockets. You can buy a speedo healer to correct it if you want it accurate.
Got my sprocket on. 36 tooth. Speedo reads 61 gps reads 58. Max rpm 7,900 just under 8k rpm. I was hitting around 7k rpm. I guess I will go with a 14 front and see how the 14/36 combo does. I need to hit my rev limiter I'm about 1,200 to 1,300 rpms under the limiter running wide open flat ground.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Got my sprocket on. 36 tooth. Speedo reads 61 gps reads 58. Max rpm 7,900 just under 8k rpm. I was hitting around 7k rpm. I guess I will go with a 14 front and see how the 14/36 combo does. I need to hit my rev limiter I'm about 1,200 to 1,300 rpms under the limiter running wide open flat ground.

​I just checked my speedo after 35 rear,15 ft and speedo reads58 and GPS reads57 ,level road slight side wind.I'm 220lbs and bone stock except rear sprocket.

·
Registered
441 Posts

How many miles do you have? Do you tuck after 55ish?

What mods do you have done? stock air box?

Unless you're 180 lbs + and or staying stock that gearings going to be really short

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Unless you're 180 lbs + and or staying stock that gearings going to be really short
Even 180+ it'll be short. I'm 215lbs right now, but I was 235 when I went 14/34 and I right at the limiter. Haven't touched it yet, but very very close. Guessing on a good day it'll happen. 14/36 I would have hit it a long time ago, even when I was 235lbs.

·
Registered
148 Posts
I have 1,500 miles on my bone stock bike no air box mod yet. The 36 rear did help a little but can get very close to 8k rpm in 4th gear wide open and only 58 to 59 mph on the speedo. I weigh 160

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have 1,500 miles on my bone stock bike no air box mod yet. The 36 rear did help a little but can get very close to 8k rpm in 4th gear wide open and only 58 to 59 mph on the speedo. I weigh 160

It'll go past 8,000. That's where they marked it red, but it goes further. I think the limiter at 9,500 or something like that, maybe 9,200, I'm not exactly sure (I can't see dash when I'm tucked and full speed in 4th).

·
Registered
148 Posts
Not sure why mine not going past 7,900 rpm in 4th with the 15/36 set up. Seems like everyone one else is hitting the rev limiter with this set up. I ordered a 14 front and going to try the 14/36 and see how it does.

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Not sure why mine not going past 7,900 rpm in 4th with the 15/36 set up. Seems like everyone one else is hitting the rev limiter with this set up. I ordered a 14 front and going to try the 14/36 and see how it does.

Just doesn't have the power yet. I have to tuck, a lot, to come close. My stomach is on my gas tank and my head helmet out in front of the light.

61 - 80 of 108 Posts