·
Registered
49 Posts
I put a 37 on the rear stock 15 on front of one of my groms
73 on cluster 69 on phone app that's not gp8ng to make that big of a difference

·
Registered
41 Posts
Best setup I found for my grom is 15/36 so stock front sprocket and 2 tooth step up in the rear. Only mods on the bike are Brocks Alien head and rad hose intake stock ECU/MAP. I weigh 164-168lbs (Yea I fluctuate) the bikes rips. Top speed 70mph hitting off the limiter on a flat and maintains speed even going up hill about (65-66).

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
I have 15/36 and my phone app says I'm bouncing off the stock rev limiter at 67. :miserable:
I have 14/34 and my GPS app says I'm getting to 67mph, but I haven't hit the limiter yet. You should be able to go a little bit more since 15/36 isn't quite as much as 14/34. I have no idea how close I am to limiter yet though, I haven't looked (too busy tucking while making a run at it lol). I'll try again when weather stops raining. If it ever stops raining.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I have 14/34 and my GPS app says I'm getting to 67mph, but I haven't hit the limiter yet. You should be able to go a little bit more since 15/36 isn't quite as much as 14/34. I have no idea how close I am to limiter yet though, I haven't looked (too busy tucking while making a run at it lol). I'll try again when weather stops raining. If it ever stops raining.

It's getting ridiculous how easy it hits it. even backing off the throttle it still bangs it pretty easily. I might have to increase my gearing or stay off the highway

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
It's getting ridiculous how easy it hits it. even backing off the throttle it still bangs it pretty easily. I might have to increase my gearing or stay off the highway
My 235lb ass hasn't done it. I don't ride the highway, but my commute to work is super straight and flat so there's plenty of room with little traffic to hit top speed every ride. It'c basically country roads between cities. I know I'm close though. Next upgrade will probably get me there.

·
Registered
282 Posts
After I do a big bore and finbro ecu I may slap a 16t counter on there and see what I can pull. Hopefully 70+. Highway isn't ideal on the grom but it sure is funny

edit: first time it happened (hit rev limiter) scared me at first thought something happened to the bike.
You'll do 70 easy, 15 front sprocket is a better choice.

·
Registered
12 Posts
I having trouble with the best gear to use, I was at 16/32 & 16/34 . I want top speed but it seem like both are same result mid 60 @7200 rpm. I want to achieve 75-85 mph I'm running koso cam pnp head and koso 170. Am I missing something here. With pcv n wide band

·
Registered
1,458 Posts
I having trouble with the best gear to use, I was at 16/32 & 16/34 . I want top speed but it seem like both are same result mid 60 @7200 rpm. I want to achieve 75-85 mph I'm running koso cam pnp head and koso 170. Am I missing something here. With pcv n wide band
I'd try a larger rear sprocket to try getting the revs up as m in sc runs. Basically you want to match your revs to the power peak of your engine at top speed.

·
Registered
3,744 Posts
exacltly the 183 ish 2v guys and the cams they run are typically lower revving but more torque and they can pull 16/32 however the 170 4v is a higher rpm setup so i have to keep the revs up a bit more, but can comfortably do 75 all day but nearish factory redline with a 140 rear tire. i have no desire to cruise the bike at 85 or even 90 but it will do it.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Hello new to the Grom.I've got a 2017 and am going to change the rear sprocket to a 35tooth for 3 reasons,1- want to have a little better launch(I'm 220lbs) 2- going to change chain to better grade and 3-the rear sprocket on it has to much radial run out.I right at 200 miles and love this little Grom!Is the sprockets for 2015/2016 the same pitch and mount? Thanks for all that reply and Ride safe!

·
Registered
2,223 Posts
Hello new to the Grom.I've got a 2017 and am going to change the rear sprocket to a 35tooth for 3 reasons,1- want to have a little better launch(I'm 220lbs) 2- going to change chain to better grade and 3-the rear sprocket on it has to much radial run out.I right at 200 miles and love this little Grom!Is the sprockets for 2015/2016 the same pitch and mount? Thanks for all that reply and Ride safe!
Yes, I believe so, and if your front sprocket is still stock, I'd go a little more and get the 36 rear. You won't lose any top speed until you have enough mods to hit the limiter in 4th.

I'm 215lbs now, but a month ago I was 235lbs and having a 14t front sprocket completely changed the bike. A 14t front is similar to going up 2-3 in the rear.

·
Registered
282 Posts
Yes, I believe so, and if your front sprocket is still stock, I'd go a little more and get the 36 rear. You won't lose any top speed until you have enough mods to hit the limiter in 4th.

I'm 215lbs now, but a month ago I was 235lbs and having a 14t front sprocket completely changed the bike. A 14t front is similar to going up 2-3 in the rear.
Instant power, only it revs out so fast.

41 - 60 of 100 Posts