Honda Grom banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone hope you are all having a blast on your monkeys. We currently have 14/34 sprocket set up on our monkeys. Would like them to be lower geared still as we ride on mountain roads and easier trails. I was thinking 14/36 or 13/34. I would appreciate any suggestions you guys may have.

·
Registered
2020 Honda Monkey and others
792 Posts
I wouldn't go too small on the countershaft sprocket. You'll chew through the swingarm protector. Keep an eye on it.

I'd go back to 15 up front and get a longer chain and I bigger read sprocket like a 39t.

If you haven't, switching to a clutch cover with cartridge filter that removes the oil spinner will get the engine revving much quicker off of the bottom and may give you the response you're looking for.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Hi Chilli's thank you for the advice do you have a part# for the clutch cover with filter or can tell me we're I might get it. They are still under warranty so I may wait to do it but I will put it on my wish list.

·
Registered
2014 Red Grom
122 Posts
Kitaco Clutch Cover - BLACK 307-1432200 , Silver 307-1432210

·
Registered
792 Posts
Depends on what color you want for the clutch cover.

Kitaco has both silver and black clutch covers.

Takegawa does now too.

·
Registered
792 Posts
I usually order what I can from Steady Garage because they ship ridiculously fast.

Drow does too.

These are West coast parts houses so I get their stuff faster.

East coast, Hard Racing sells the parts too but they usually take a few days before it is shipped.

If you want to order any stuff from Japan then make one bulk order from Webike to save on shipping. Webike has the silver Takegawa clutch cover.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Can't believe I forgot MNNTHBX, they ship fast too and I support them whenever I can.

They are tops for service as well.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
15/37 works well for me around the hills of the Derbyshire Peak District
Ok so I went ahead and put a 13 tooth front sprocket on both mine and my wife's monkey. We have put on about 150 mile with these on. I pulled both side covers and can see no abnormal wear on the swing arm protectors. Keep in mind we don't do a lot of high speed stuff but it seems to be working. The gearing is a whole lot better for the riding we do. I may end up taking a link out of the chain if it keeps stretching. Thanks for all of the input but I figured why not give it a try the swing arm protectors are fairly cheap if I need to replace them.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts