Honda Grom banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone here put spools on their Monkey?
I believe they could be added where the suspension attaches to the frame.
I’m guessing it’s a 10mm?
I would like to get a rear stand for my bike and could use some recommendations.
Anyone have experience with this?

·
Registered
21 Posts
i have a stand from harbor freight that lifts with cradles that will lift the swing arm, no spools needed, 35 bucks. i used it to do a sprocket swap and had to remove the rear tire. that is a issue with a spool on the axle. using spools on the shock stud? i doubt there is enough thread there to mount one. what i would like is a better way to lift the front or whole bike. as theres not much under the engine that you can use a lift on. might have to custom fab some kind of adapter.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Drew, thanks for the reply.
It would be great if I could find a stand that lifts from the swing arm and not have to install spools.
I want to lift the back tire to make cleaning the chain easier.
Do you have a link to the lift you got from Harbor Freight?
Thanks

·
Registered
128 Posts
The cradle works perfect for the bike, though watch out depending on what work as I've had the bike slide down the cradle. I do have spools on my bike, they're the Gcraft spools and attach down at the base of the rear shocks.

The harbor freight option looks like the cradle should work pretty easy: 1000 Lb. Capacity Motorcycle Swingarm Rear Stand

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks Drew, this is a much nicer solution then putting on spools and having to borrow a torque wrench.
It’s also surprisingly inexpensive.
Since the bike only weighs 230lbs, I don’t need a big expensive Pit Bull stand.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts