Honda Grom banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well guys. After removing 1 of my GROM stickers, my fingernail scuffed up that little area pretty nicely.

The wax didn't help much. Should I use PlastX?

Any ideas would be great as I need to restore that area to mint or as close to mint as possible!

Thanks

·
Registered
674 Posts
I did the same thing on the tank plastics when i was removing the stickers.. i think ill put on the tyga cover or just buy a new one.. hope you get good and working advice!

·
Registered
685 Posts
go to a detail shop they can remove it, my brother put some fine spiderweb scratches in my panels and I'm taking to my detailing buddy this weekend to have it removed. Or just buy new panels since it so cheap.

·
Registered
135 Posts
I got those too, don't worry about it is only visible up close and staring at it. It will get more scratches when you start riding more :)

·
Registered
62 Posts
If you were local id do it for you as detailing is what I do:smile:. But since your not I can direct you to what you need. Do you have any type of polishers or will you be doing it by hand?

Also post a pic of the damage so I can better address the correct chemicals needed.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
If you were local id do it for you as detailing is what I do:smile:. But since your not I can direct you to what you need. Do you have any type of polishers or will you be doing it by hand?

Also post a pic of the damage so I can better address the correct chemicals needed.
I have a turtle wax buffer. I planned on using elbow grease.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I need to use something too cause my kid climbed on my bike and I don't know what he did but it's not looking as pretty anymore. It looks dull in a little spot instead of glossy. Waah. This is the bad part about owning a new bike - obsessing.

·
Registered
62 Posts
Ok Phillip depending on how deep the spider webs are you need http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g17216-ultimate-compound/ & http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g19216-ultimate-polish/. Use a microfiber polishing pad to reduce inducing more swirls. You might be able to get away with just the polish and you would want to try that first then work your way up to the compound if necessary. If you do use the compound finish with the polish after it to increase gloss then wax.

I picked products that will give good results by hand and are readily available on the shelf of just about any store from walmart to autozone. Vs stuff I use that you'd have to order and or need a machine to apply.

Hairpin. Same deal but it sounds like you just need 1 pass with the polish and then wax.

If either of you want to order products and since you both have black this Chemical Guys GAP_619 - Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish (1 Gal)
Is amazing on dark, metallic and pearl paints. Really gives the wow factor. My regular customers love it. You can opt to use this vs wax.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ok Phillip depending on how deep the spider webs are you need http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g17216-ultimate-compound/ & http://www.meguiars.com/en/automotive/products/g19216-ultimate-polish/. Use a microfiber polishing pad to reduce inducing more swirls. You might be able to get away with just the polish and you would want to try that first then work your way up to the compound if necessary. If you do use the compound finish with the polish after it to increase gloss then wax.

I picked products that will give good results by hand and are readily available on the shelf of just about any store from walmart to autozone. Vs stuff I use that you'd have to order and or need a machine to apply.

Hairpin. Same deal but it sounds like you just need 1 pass with the polish and then wax.

If either of you want to order products and since you both have black this Chemical Guys GAP_619 - Black Light Hybrid Radiant Finish (1 Gal)
Is amazing on dark, metallic and pearl paints. Really gives the wow factor. My regular customers love it. You can opt to use this vs wax.
You sir, are amazing!

Thank you so much. Seriously. This post made my day.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts