Honda Grom banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The SRD or Speedometer Correction Device allows you to
easily adjust your speedometer so it's accurate.

Compensates for tire size changes, and gearing Changes

- Slim Design
- Simple to use
- PLUG-n-PLAY

Just click on the links below for more information, pricing
& to Check out our YouTube Install Video

>> Speedometer Correction Device (SRD) for the GROM <<

·
Registered
326 Posts
I just installed one of these and it's fantastic! 5 minute install and the video HR made makes it easy enough for even an idiot to do.

Here's my low-tech, inexpensive way of "mounting" my "GPS device" so I could compare bike speed vs. actual GPS speed:
IMG_1131.JPG

Yep, two elastic bands, a glove, and a free ap on my smarty-phone.

Before the install, the speedometer said I was moving 9.9% faster than reality. (That means I was also logging roughly 10% more miles on the bike than reality.) After the install, the two are identical.

Great product and support HR!

·
Registered
326 Posts
Changed sprockets and rear tire as follows:

Front sprocket -1 to 14 teeth.
Rear sprocket +2 to 36 teeth.
Rear tire to 140.

A larger rear tire may have actually helped make it not as far out of whack (at least that was my intent). It would probably be more than 10% off with new sprockets and a stock rear tire.

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just installed one of these and it's fantastic! 5 minute install and the video HR made makes it easy enough for even an idiot to do.

Here's my low-tech, inexpensive way of "mounting" my "GPS device" so I could compare bike speed vs. actual GPS speed:
View attachment 19301

Yep, two elastic bands, a glove, and a free ap on my smarty-phone.

Before the install, the speedometer said I was moving 9.9% faster than reality. (That means I was also logging roughly 10% more miles on the bike than reality.) After the install, the two are identical.

Great product and support HR!

thanks for the update and feedback. :)

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
On the Grom there are two black bullet connectors. Which do I connect the Speedodrd to? Or does it not matter?

I'm guessing its the power line?

Watch the video again.
Scroll to 6:30
That will show you exactly how to install.

·
Registered
369 Posts

Watch the video again.
Scroll to 6:30
That will show you exactly how to install.

I watched it many times, but if you look at my pic, there are two black wires. I moved the rubber cover on one. Is that the bullet connector? or the other black wire? It's so jammed in there, it's really difficult to remove the connector so I want to make sure I remove the right one!

20160115_160020.jpg

·
Registered
369 Posts
I ended up unplugging both bullet connectors and realized that one comes from the Grom's speed sensor. It is somewhat tied to the other big plug that is also used by the SpeedoDRD, so I figured this is the correct bullet connector. There is indeed 2!

I didn't get to test it yet, but I'll report back if I chose the wrong one.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Finally installed my SRD today while changing my countershaft sprocket to a 14t. For anyone doing a sprocket change, you'd be silly not to install the SRD at the same time. It's absurdly simple, and keeps things accurate.

To second what MrClowny said, there are, in fact, two different bullet-connected wires. The correct one is the one that accompanies the wires to the white connector. Apart from that, you can check HardRacing's video for the rest.

Also, for anyone only doing a 14t countershaft sprocket with a stock sized rear tire, you'll want to input -6.7% to get things started, with possible fine tuning from there. Hope that helps!

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Finally installed my SRD today while changing my countershaft sprocket to a 14t. For anyone doing a sprocket change, you'd be silly not to install the SRD at the same time. It's absurdly simple, and keeps things accurate.

To second what MrClowny said, there are, in fact, two different bullet-connected wires. The correct one is the one that accompanies the wires to the white connector. Apart from that, you can check HardRacing's video for the rest.

Also, for anyone only doing a 14t countershaft sprocket with a stock sized rear tire, you'll want to input -6.7% to get things started, with possible fine tuning from there. Hope that helps!

Thanks for feedback.

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

·
Registered
14 Posts
Has anyone had a problem with installing this unit and the "N" neutral icon doesn't display anymore? I noticed right after that the N doesn't appear. Anyone know what the issue might be?

·
Registered
2,132 Posts
Did you perhaps accidentally unplug the neutral switch wire? Its down there in that bundle where you plug this thing in. IIRC, the neutral wire is green with a red/pink stripe.

·
Vendor
3,987 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
1 - 20 of 37 Posts